Costa Atlantica Cruise Review by Wickford

Cruise Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Quebec
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: Y
See More About: Costa Atlantica Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Costa Atlantica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Atlantica Deck Plans
Disaster!!!!
Just returned from a Canadian/New England Cruise with Costa. Things just didn't go right. I have cruised many times, including on Costa. The route was what attracted me and of course the price. One gets what one pays for right! I was prepared for the multi languages, the European prepared food, but, not for the following.

1. Paying for everything in Euros including excursions. 2. Not having shore excursion tours exclusively for English speaking people. One day I was the only English speaking person on the entire bus, the rest were Italian. 3. Some tours I have booked where cancelled, I assume the number of participants were too low. North Americans were not prepared to pay for the excursions in Euros. Imagine not being able to tour in ones own country and be able to understand the tour guide all the time. 4. No Canadian TV channels even though we were in Canadian water, the only US channels were from Colorado. 4. As much as I was expecting food prepared with a European flare, I was not prepared for the lack of variety on the buffet, the service in the dinner room wasn't up to usual cruise standards. Imagine being in the Maritime and New England and not being serviced lobster once! 5. Poorly planned custom clearance, lined up for over two hours right from the back of the ship to the front. Written directions given to Canadians on early tours were all wrong. 6. Unable to get a ship shuttle to the airport even though my flight didn't leave until 2:00 pm and we had been docked in New York the day before. Rather than paying $36. for a shuttle I paid a $90 taxi fare. It just seemed like North Americans were just there to fill up the ship and it didn't matter about the service they received as they were getting the cruise for a low cost. Cruise again most definitely, Costa Cruise I don't think so!

Publication Date: 05/10/10