Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by topper44: Eastern Mediterranean Adventure

topper44
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Navigator of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Eastern Mediterranean Adventure

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

This is a fabulous itinerary. We loved all the ports and it was so nice to be in a group with so many different nationalities. We were very lucky with the weather so the cruising days were a delight. We really loved some of the entertainment and some left us cold but that's to be expected with so many people speaking so many languages to cater for. The ice show was wonderful and there was no need to get tickets in advance which I really appreciated.

We had sailed earlier in the year on Independence of the Seas which is much newer so we were a bit spoiled. Navigator is a bit dated in comparison and showing signs of wear in some of the public areas. That was not so in our cabin, however, which was delightful.

Again we were spoiled a bit by the excellence of the crew on Independence so we didn't feel this group quite came up to the same level. Nothing specific but just things like recognising you or remembering what you would like to drink and like serving your More pre-dinner drink halfway through the main course.

This was their first time doing the Egypt stop and they didn't do their usually excellent job with the passports and visas. For example when we went to collect the passport after waiting in a long line mine wasn't stamped. We were told it would be delivered to the cabin so I waited there an hour and a half before phoning guest relations and being told I had to collect it. That spoiled a large part of the evening's entertainment. I would definitely recommend this itinerary!!! Less

Read more Navigator of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Navigator of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Navigator of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 6 1540

It was really lovely!!!!

We loved Egypt. We booked an overnight package with a private company called Memphis Tours. They met us at the Port and returned us the next day. They were very professional and I would recommend them. The Pyramids were better than I expected and I especially loved Sakkara. We did the Sound and Light in the evening and went to the Egyptian Museum the next day. This was followed by a visit to an Egyptian street market which I found fascinating and great for photography. (Make sure to specify a market where Egyptians shop and not the tourist one.)

I had low expectations of Athens and even lower of Piraeus where we actually docked. I had a delightful surprise. I totally loved both places and would definitely want to go back.

Ephesus is not to be missed. We had an excellent guide n the RCI tour. She then dropped us in the town and we did a bit of window shopping and used the internet. The almost compulsory visit to the carpet factory is actually pretty interesting and you get a free drink.

Read 362 Kusadasi Reviews

I had really looked forward to seeing Naples so perhaps my expectations were a bit too high. I did the Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii tour. Pompeii was fascinating and he guide was very good. I felt Capri and Sorrento were a bit overrated.

Read 647 Naples Reviews

This is a lovely picturesque Island with friendly people and excellent food and drink. We did a tour in a taxi and then were dropped in the old town near the ship. This was really beautiful and no pushy souvenir sellers. A great place to use the internet as most cafes have free wifi. I definitely recommend a visit to the old Synagogue and Jewish Museum.

Read 185 Rhodes Reviews