Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by GA Peach Too: Was So Excited to Cruise On Oasis

GA Peach Too
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Was So Excited to Cruise On Oasis

Sail Date: April 2010

I cruised with my DB and DSIL who are Diamond Members. I am Platinum. The excitement of finally going on the cruise peaked as we embarked onto the Promenade. Entering and going thru the process to get on board was seamless and quick.

This ship is gigantic and it is difficult to see everything in 7 days. However, we gave it our best try. I ate in the Solarium every morning that was just up from my Central Park room. The food was healthy, fresh and delicious. I also ate at the Windjammer for lunch and dinner. It was confusing at first because it doesn't resemble the other Windjammers. The food is mixed together and in categories such as Asian, Lite Fare, etc. No special fried eggs or build an omelet. It was good once I got used to it. We also ate at Giovanni's Table which was superb but too much food. Central Park where all the pay restaurants are is lovely and I had a room overlooking CP at night it was just beautiful.

I used the pools, they were good and chairs More were easy to find. Also did the zip line, but beware, you have to book early in order to get a reservation. I booked on the 2nd day and couldn't get on until the 6th day at sea.

Spent a lot of time on the Promenade, seeing parades, modeling show, etc., from the 2nd floor of the Schooner bar, people watching and making plans. The new layout for the photos is very good and photos are easy to review if you aren't wearing sunglasses in the pics because it's done by facial recognition. I ate cupcakes (the turtle one was very dry but the coca cola one was fine), did a bar tending lesson and took in most of the shows. Couldn't get into the comedy club and was the only venue we didn't make pre-reservations. Comedy club is a don't miss. Hairspray is an abbreviated version and just okay; the "air" show with the high fliers above our heads was spectacular. We never made it out to the Aqua Theater.

Boardwalk was another area that was a pay as you go area. Johnny Rocket's, the Seafood Shack, clothing stores, picture store and the like. Didn't spend much time there.

The Diamond Club was small so all the nightly events had to be held in Blaze. They wouldn't let anyone in that wasn't "dressed" which caused quite a stir by members. Nor, would they let you bring in your wife or husband who had not made Diamond yet. Again, this cause quite an issue because we've always gone into the DC on other ships without problems.

I could go on, but all in all, this is a nice ship, albeit too large for my liking. The crew is good, but the personal service isn't there due to the volume of people. This is a ship you should go on at least once. However, I'll stick to my favorite ships in the Freedom class and the Voyager class. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 10 10197

The cabin I was in overlooking Central Park was very small. The air conditioning goes off when you go out on your balcony so you come back into a hot room even when the door is shut. I understand their wanting to set it up this way, but it's uncomfortable for those of us who actually close doors when the A/C is on.

St. Marteen is another favorite port for me. I like the beaches, Front Street shopping and the French side.

Love, love, love St. Thomas. Always things to do, people to see and bargains to be had.

Read 2317 St. Thomas Reviews