Carnival Glory Cruise Review by mandj1020: Overall a good trip

Entertainment Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Overall a good trip

Sail Date: April 2010

Overall the cruise was good. I don't recommend spending the extra money for a balcony room on Carnival. Our last cruise we booked an oceanview room and this one we booked a balcony and the rooms are identical in size, so unless you plan on spending a lot of time on your private, small balcony, save some money and do the oceanview. Also check what's above you. We were below the Lido deck where all the lounge chairs were and also where late night events took place and on a few of the nights we were kept up until the wee hours of the morning by people dragging chairs across the deck and partying.

I have to agree with others that reviewed the Glory on the food. It was nothing special. The food in the buffet lines was always luke warm or cold. The food in the dining room was good but not as adventurous as our first cruise.

Our first cruise was on the Inspiration which overall was a better ship.

We had fantastic staff in the dining room (Dwayne and Anthony) as More well as our room steward Noel. Also Maria in the Camel Club Casino was great. All of the staff made it a point to remember our names and to make conversation with us on a regular basis. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Verandah 8344

Too noisy, as stated above we were right below the Lido deck where a lot of activity took place. It was cool that we were close to the elevators.

Grand Turk was awesome. Beautiful waters. We did the catamaran snorkeling and private beach excursion which was worth it. They took us to an amazing snorkeling spot where the fish and coral were in abundance and so beautiful. It was also near "the wall" which is a 600 foot drop off, which was scary and amazing. They fed you with drinks and muffins (not sure I understood the muffins) after the snorkeling and after your trip dropped you off to shop or do whatever. We stopped at Margaritaville which takes forever to get a drink at but is so loaded with alcohol, after you take a few sips you'll forget all about your long wait.

I had been looking forward to this port as well and again was a bit disappointed. We purchased the rain forest excursion which was pricey for what you got. It was a long ride and they took you through the worst sections of San Juan and the surrounding cities. Again it was very warm. The rain forest was beautiful but we were disappointed as the description of this tour led us to believe we were going to see all kinds of birds and flowers but come to find out from the staff at the rain forest it's highly unlikely you'll see any birds/parrots as they live deep in the jungle. Still it was a nice photo op. When they brought you back you had the option to be dropped off in Old San Juan which we took advantage of and then walked back to the dock. We ate at a great little local eatery, Genesis and we highly recommend it. The buildings in Old San Juan are beautiful and I wish we had had more time to walk around there.

Read 1361 San Juan Reviews

I wasn't as impressed with St. Thomas as I had thought I would be. It was very hot and humid the day we docked there and the local Carnival was going on which meant there was 3x as many people in town than normal. It was very touristy with stores everywhere. In hindsight we should've taken the excursion to Meagan's Beach as I hear that was beautiful.

Read 2325 St. Thomas Reviews