Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by redbrickbarbie: Celebrity Cruise for the Masses...

redbrickbarbie
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Baltic Sea Cruises

Celebrity Cruise for the Masses...

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Southampton

I booked this cruise to celebrate my husbands 50th Birthday. We cruised on the Century for our Honeymoon in 97. I booked a suite, as an extra treat. We arrived and port and didn't queue...as we were in the Penthouse queue-Great. As soon as we got onboard there was a 'Bun Fight' for Bucks Fizz and nobody to show us to our Cabin...most unexpected from Celebrity, also with an air of disorganisation. This was a shame as even in much lower cabin categories this had been the norm. Then we had a Muster station at 4pm, followed by queuing everywhere to book the speciality restaurants. I would recommend that anyone should book these in advance online to save you this absolute chore.

The suite was very spaceous and luxurious, we never saw our 27-7 Butler (he left his card only). The room boy came and had a chat though. Breakfast & lunch buffets were excellent, but busy at times & quite difficult to get a seat. Food in Tuscan Grill and Qsine was great...a real experience in More Qsine, but I won't say to much as it may spoil it for future guests. The main restaurant was busy/a little cramped and a litte clinical for me, but ok on the food front. Spa was very nice, but I was STAGGERED to be charged $20 to get a day pass for the Persian Garden. So in a nutshell a real resort style cruise ship,where they are trying to please everyone, but still with plenty of space to not feel overcrowded. I prefer more the old traditional Celebrity touches, therefore will go for a different ship next time. Do your homework on cabins, for example if we had an aquaclass cabin the Persian Garden would have been free of charge. The suite experience cost us £1600, it wasn't worth it, for the few extra perks. You are paying for sq footage only. Yes, we really did enjoy our break, but we did miss those little extras. As another member mentioned there was nothing to suggest it was the first cruise with paying passangers, a tad disappointing too. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse 1622

1622 Eclipse. BIG... big tv's x2, full bathroom. V comfortable large bed in seperate bedroom. BUT you pay handsomely for this space. Not enough Suite perks for me.

Easy to pull up outside, luggage was taken to the ship straight away.