Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by kareng007

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: kareng007
Cruise Date: April 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Value-for-Money Not Rated

I needed a vacation
I have cruised before on another cruise line but this was my first Carnival trip, I travelled with my mother,sister and two aunts one which is in need of a wheel chair full time.

Embarkation started off a bit rough due to the fact that Carnival does not provide curbside service for people needing wheel chairs, even though we were assured by our travel agent that service would be provided for us. My disabled aunt had to walk on a walker to an area to be put on a wait list to get a wheel chair. My mother is a Carnival VIP so check in was a breeze and we proceeded straight up to the Lido buffet for lunch before gaining access to our rooms.

My Aunt paid extra for an electric wheelchair and a handicapped access balcony room, funny enough the poor lady could not get on to the balcony due to there being a step that could not be accessed, although the balcony was lovely she could only sit by the door. The bathroom was very easy for her to access and the shower was big enough to accommodate her.

Dinning was excellent and we had the nicest waiters Lennox and Ketut who were very friendly and helpful and by the third night new what our favorites were and even suggested some if they thought we might enjoy them. However I know now that I should take the earlier seating because you do get bored sitting around waiting until 8pm and by the time you try to watch the late show I was falling asleep due to my full stomach. We also dined in the dinning room because it was much easier on my Aunt than trying to maneuver the lines on the lido buffet.

We did have some problems with the staff but I am not the type to let that make or break my trip, most of our complaints were due to the handicapped access and treatment my aunt received.

Overall I had a very nice time and by coincidence I will be returning to the Miracle in the fall on my honeymoon, but I must stress this is not the most handicapped friendly ship or cruise line.

Publication Date: 05/06/10