Carnival Dream Cruise Review by therealtimcox

Cabin Category: 6a
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Dream Team rules the ship!!!!
This was my 3rd cruise, all with Carnival. This was also my 1st cruise since the Swine Flu disaster on the Splendor in April 09'. After that experience I was a little nervous about cruising again. A 50% coupon convinced me to give it another try. The Dream restored my faith in cruising!!!

Let me first say that I was a member of the Cruise Critic Dream Team. Our host Randy took care of us in every way possible. He arraigned pick up from MCO to the Radisson in Pt. Canaveral, which also came at a discount because of CCDT. He was able to pull strings and get Ron Pass the piano man on a one week contract. He was on the Swine Flu cruise and is the most entertaining person I've ever seen. Every night in the piano bar was an adventure in drinks and laughter. Dr. Phil and his group were always great company. I cruised with the greatest group of people possible and will never forget it.

The ship is a lot like the Splendor in design with the exception of the Lanai on deck 5 and the water works. The Lanai was the fastest way to get around the ship while enjoying a smoke break. There were plenty of empty deck chairs there and they had a couple of large chess sets to play with. The water works were a blast. There was hardly a line for the drainpipe slide which I thought was a lot funner then the twister slide.

Dinner in the Crimson Dining room was very good. Because of Randy we had the 2 center tables. The menu is the same as all the cruises I've been on. So I kinda have my favorites and know what to order and what to avoid. I've never had a good serving of warm choc. melting cake, it's too wet or too dry. I didn't do the buffets too much so I can't really comment there. The Mongolian grill is good and so is the deli at the back of the ship. The deli is open till 11pm so its a great place to catch a snack if your tired of pizza. On port days we would order room service for breakfast so we were ready to get off the ship asap.

The comedy shows were pretty funny, I only saw the R rated ones and I laughed some. Dancin in the Streets was good but I wasn't a fan of the female lead singer. She was trying too hard. The Fun Force break dancers were cool. I really didn't listen to anyone in the atrium of ocean plaza but from a distance they sounded alright. The Legends show was only good because of Randy as Sinatra and Emily as Brittney. The show was the exact same I've seen on 3 cruises, so it was no surprise when the cruise director came out as Dolly.

Great cruise, I can't wait to do it again. Prince Tim of Norway