SeaDream I Cruise Review by nycspagirl: Great time on Seadream

Cabin Not Rated

Great time on Seadream

Sail Date: March 2007
Embarkation: St. Thomas

We sailed Seadream for our "babymoon" (I hate that term actually). At almost 7 months pregnant, we did not do many rigorous activities at the ports of call.

Our room (standard window) was furnished cleverly, with many shelves to put things on, and felt large enough. The lavatory was large enough for us, but I could see someone who is not petite being in tight quarters.

Food was great. Service was fabulous. I met a woman on board who loved having fresh coconut juice, so the kitchen made sure to stock up in the ports and served the coconut right up!

Dinners were good. We usually prefer to dine alone, and although we had the ability to every night, actually sat with other on a few occasions and had a great time.

Movie night out in the open with the blankets and popcorn was awesome, something that sticks in my mind every time my mind wanders about cruising.

We had massages in the spa, and while I felt fine my husband stopped his halfway - More the rooms are quite tight and the boat was rocking a bit.

The pool area was great, and I spent many days right on the deck with my feet in the water reading a book. The area is really open and the views from the pool are great.

One night we slept outside on the beds up on top. It was a really beautiful night, but I will say that it depends on the winds, and sometimes we got a really strong wiff on the engines. I would also suggest to pick a night when the boat is docked - we did it the night we were anchored at St. Barths, it feels much less rocky!

My husband enjoyed the watersports (I stayed safely on the boat!).

I would recommend Seadream in a heartbeat, and we will definitely try a cruise with them again. I liked that the atmosphere was not stuffy, there were no formal dinner nights to worry about (this would have been a huge concern for me being so pregnant), and the people in general were laid back and friendly. We actually made some friends we are still in touch with!

BTW, I also apologize for my use of "boat", instead of "yacht", as I know some people are sticklers about that! Less

Read more SeaDream I cruise reviews >>