Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by reginab1979: Slightly Disappointed with Summit

reginab1979
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean Cruises

Slightly Disappointed with Summit

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This was our 4th cruise with Celebrity and our 2nd on Summit. We were looking forward to this 8 day repositioning cruise because it would give us more days at sea to enjoy the ship. Summit is a great ship but you can see that the years are starting to take a toll and it is in need of a face lift. My advice to those who are planning on sailing on Summit is to overlook those little worn places and just enjoy your cruise.

Our biggest complaint was the food in the MDR. I would categorize it as "fair". While in past years we thought the food was outstanding and raved to our friends about the quality of the food. I suppose that Celebrity is cutting back on their costs in this area. Conversely I thought that the variety of the food available at the Waterfall Cafe for breakfast and lunch was very good.

Hands down the service on Summit cannot be beat. In the MDR, at the bars, in your stateroom, just everywhere all the employees are so wonderful and helpful it more than More makes up for any shortcomings you experience on the ship.

One thing I will warn you about: we were in stateroom #6062 which is on the starboard side of the ship. When Summit is docked there is a wicked bad smell in the hallways (kind of like raw sewage) outside the stateroom.

Overall, we paid a very good price for an 8 day cruise. We still love Celebrity! Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit Concierge Class Continental Deck (2) 6062

Very nice cabin. Right over the life boats. Bad smell in hallway outside cabin.

We loved St Thomas. We went on a Celebrity excursion with the Power Cats. It was fabulous! It was a very fast boat that took us to St. John for snorkeling. They supplied all the equipment which was very high quality. We stopped at two places and it was like snorkeling in an aquarium! Excellent experience. Additionally, they served a rum drink called a "Pain Killer". Lots of them! This is an excellent outfit. I would highly recommend this excursion to anyone who visits St. Thomas.

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews

Went to the beach. Not my favorite island. Would recommend that you take a ferry to Jost Van Dyke.

Read 501 Tortola Reviews