Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by greeneyes63

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by greeneyes63
Jewel of the Seas
Jewel of the Seas
Member Name: greeneyes63
Cruise Date: April 2010
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Double Booked
This was my first cruise and I was very excited to go on this journey! Much to our surprise upon arriving at the cabin that had been assigned to us in all our paperwork, someone was already in it. We made our way to guest relations and the representative said "Your cabin # is the one on your Sea Pass" How were we to know that, when our baggage tags and paperwork had a different cabin number. He was quite rude about it with no explanation. We went to the cabin and it was decorated with birthday decorations. It was a pleasant surprise as my friend was going to be celebrating her birthday while we were gone.But we couldn't figure out why that had been done. It also had a balcony, which is not what we had requested but was pleased to have. We called and asked about our luggage, they said it will get to the correct cabin by 730 or 8. At 9pm it had not arrived. We called again and were told to describe our luggage as they hasd some sitting there and weren't sure where they were to go?? Whose on 1st??? Three of our bags were then delivered, the 4th one was found sitting in the hall at the room we were assigned to originally. We were expecting our Mix and Mingle package from Cruise Critic. That never arrived, we went ahead and went to the prearranged event, but didn't have name tags or raffle tickets for prizes being given.

That night tickets for the tour we were planning on in Labadee Hait, did not arive, instead tickets for some other people were delivered. We then found out from our room steward that we were in the cabin that a couple from England were to have had. They didn't make it because of the Icland volcano eruption, So it was their tickets that were being delivered and we had to call for 3 days regarding tracking down what we had requested. We both were getting weary from having to constantly be checking on things. This was supposed to be vacation and stress free. My father passed away 9 days before this trip and I was really getting disenheartened from the lack of caring that our information was obviously messed up. The 3rd night I called and voiced my frusteration. A man named Hans in guest relations looked in the computer and said no one had ever corrected the master file. He took care of that, then things went much more smoothly.

The other frusterating thing that happened was that we were assigned a table in the Tides Dining room. We met two lovely ladies and looked forward to dining with them at subsequent meals. When we came to our table the next night, we were rudely told by a man sitting there that this was their table now. The Head waiter did rush over to tell us we had been moved along with the 2 ladies we had met. Apparently the people at the table had requested to all sit together and that hadn't happened the first night. So, heck with how we were feeling. We just got moved.

After the 3rd day I did find the cruise to be quite enjoyable, The ship was clean, in every aspect. The staff was wonderful, except for the first couple we encountered. I was a little disappointed in the menu at the Tides, I wish they had more seafood and possibly pasta. I wqs amazed at how smoothly the processing onto the ship and off it was so well planned.

Publication Date: 05/04/10