Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by italiangirlfromBoston: romantic enchantment

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

romantic enchantment

Sail Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Galveston

My Husband and I had always had reservations about going on a cruise. We went with my Sister and her Husband, all four of us, first cruise.

We loved it and can't wait to do it again sometime. The ship, the Conquest was beautiful and full of life and art! Our first afternoon aboard was so exciting, so much to see. Enjoyed listening to Groovy Tunes Keith in the lobby and meeting people that first day.

Our Balcony cabin was very clean and comfortable. I wish we spent more time in it but we did not want to miss lots of great activities.

The food was so fresh and prepared well. I tried foods I have never had and enjoyed every bite, especially with the most gracious waiters I have ever met, Putu Marhardiko and Inyoman made each night so happy. We loved talking to them and sharing our lives. They work very hard and were truly kind and gracious. We will always remember them. We loved the dancing in the dinning room with the waiters!

Each day we watched More the live show in the morning of the Cruise Director John Heald who is so naturally funny I was roaring on bed with laughter. He kept us informed of upcoming events each day and by the end of the cruise I felt as if I knew him.

My husband and I found the week so relaxing and romantic. We got so silly together and walked on the upper decks each night under the stars! We both used the fitness center and walked on the walking track.

We enjoyed the Karaoke at night and tried it for the first time which was a blast. We visited Groovy Tunes Keith in the Piano Bar one night which was great. He has a way of bringing people together in conversation. He is a good singer and nice to talk with.

At one point I met the Captain who was so charming and handsome I almost fell over even though the ship was not swaying, I was!

We had a nice man named Kervin who cleaned our room twice a day and made us towel animals! We kept the room as clean as possible so he would not have to work too hard there. We enjoyed breakfast in our room with the comfy robes each day with room service. The fruit was so fresh and the coffee was great.

My sister and her husband had a different style and they had their own experiences. We took it easy and romantic and took a lot of naps in the afternoon. There was so much to do you could easily get overwhelmed.

We only went off the ship once in Jamaica to do a little shopping and loved being in the luxury of the ship on the other port days. Our room was in the aft section and was very quiet. We slept with the balcony door open and listened to the waves all night. We danced in the lobby at night and enjoyed the shows in the theater at night.

Having a week with no cell phones was so nice. We met all sorts of nice people having a good time. Met a young couple on their honeymoon, the man did a perfect impression of actor Christopher Walken! We met a nice lady named Gloria who was on her first cruise with her friends. Her husband had passed away a year ago and she was trying to find joy in life again and I saw her throughout the cruise and she was having fun.

The food at the buffet was so good, the salads were incredible with every know ingredient available.

All in all, we had a time we will never forget. We are nothing but thankful for all the pampering and recognize that many good people worked very hard to provide us with that unforgettable experience. We tipped as generously as we could, but could never thank them all enough and wish them much happiness in life.

Next cruise we would like to go to the Mediterranean. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Balcony Empress 7442

Our cabin 7442 was suggested by the Carnival Cruise agent we spoke with and it was so nice and quiet and romantic. It was always clean and the bed was comfortable with quality high thread count sheets. The towels were plush, the robes in the room were excellent, never wanted to get dressed. We enjoyed the bottled water and chocolates. We were amazed and entertained by the nightly towel animals. The shower had excellent water pressure and so warm.