Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Cruising Ohana of 6

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Cruising Ohana of 6
Carnival Dream
        Under 3 5+
        3-6 5+
        7-9 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Cruising with the Clacketts....
Well, 1st let me start off by saying I was up until 2:00am the evening before we left for our cruise,I was getting so discouraged by the terrible comments I was reading about the new Carnival Dream....I had organized a family & friends cruise & 1/2 the people were 1st time cruisers..I was so thrilled when our cruise was nothing like the comments I read about..here is my little 2 cents on the dream..

As always, embarkment was a breeze, as soon as we boarded (15 min) we were brought right into the Crimson dining room to be served a wonderful lunch, we had 9 children, ages 10 & below who all sat together..all the moms were so impressed w/ how the wait staff took care of the kids, they even cut their food for them.

Cabins were clean & fairly big for an interior stateroom, we had all our luggage & kids (6 total) in one...the younger 2 were booked under my moms room, but I didn't want them to have to sleep w/ kids all week... :)

Ok, the smell that everyone says...I smelt it once, for @ 30 sec. while playing mini golf, all the other smells were peoples butts, I am sure of that, with all the good food...so, please don't let that spoil your trip

* I never stood on line more then 10 min. max. it was probably like 5 on the lido deck for burgers at lunch.

* We did a late seating for dinner & our wait staff was amazing..I am always so impress that they call us all by the correct names, even when our large groups played musical chairs & sat in different seats every night. The food was fabulous, no complaints & I am dreaming of that warm melting cake!! Yummy!!

* Our children loved Camp Carnival, staff was friendly...2 of my kids even stayed on boat when we ported at Costa Maya..I figured, cool I can do some shopping w/ only 2 kids instead of 4!

* We did a Dolphin Discovery Encounter in Cozumel, price was @ $65 per child & $72 per adult..we set this up on our own & it was wonderful..we like to cut out the middle man & book our own excursions...

* While in Honduras we rented 2 vehicles & drove East ..left all the other 4000 cruises behind & spent a lovely day at Camp Bay Beach..we were the only ones on this little secluded beach & the couple that owned it just built a restaurant & catered to us. It was heaven!!

* We were so busy the whole week we didn't get to experience everything the ship had to offer...we did make it a point to see the main show, Dancing in the Streets..this is a do not miss show..but get there 45 min early for good seats..we had the worst seats, but it was ok...my son went back to see it again at the 2nd showing he liked it so much & he is 7! The comedy club was great--loved the pg shows, kids laughed their socks off.

* I actually left my camera bag, w/ everything from passports, to room keys & my only credit card on the ship) by the photography stand...when I realized & sent my husband back...they had all closed up by then, I was very impressed that the photographer that found it turned it in to lost & found..Way to go for honest crew members!!!!

* Ok, I think I have taken up enough of your time, but I wanted to let you know if you are still reading this, do not be discourage by the bad posts..not sure what these people were thinking...everyone in my group of 27 had an absolutely amazing time & will plan another one as soon as we replenish our funds..by the way, every day my 3 yr old ask when are we going back on the big boat!!!! Enjoy.

Publication Date: 04/29/10