Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by cod: I beg to differ.....

cod
Member Since 2004
1,828 Posts

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Southern Caribbean Cruises

I beg to differ.....

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: New Orleans

The most recent reviews of the Spirit NO to Boston are so different from what we experienced that I can't help but wonder if we were on the same boat!

This was our second trip on the Spirit and it was even better than the first. When we got to our inside cabin we found the beds together which - in a small cabin - really cuts back on space to move around. So we waylaid our steward and asked that he please separate our beds when he had time (that day or the next, knowing how busy they are on day one) and, also, that he please make up our room in the morning as we are definitely afternoon nappers. (I felt a tip was in order). When we got back to our cabin between dinner and the evening show, it had been taken care of. Our room was done every morning while we were at breakfast for the entire cruise and I have nothing but praise for the service from our cabin stewards!

On to the food. I would rate it very good but for a very few exceptions and when you consider the More number of meals had on a 12 day cruise, I think that is a very good record. Service, too, was actually very good. I have to mention one occurrence that is a first for us in our 19 cruises. My husband was brought the wrong order in Windows one day at lunch and very politely told the waitress so. She then informed him that HE was wrong and that that's what he ordered. He again said it wasn't but that it was okay and he'd keep it. And she again told him that it WAS after-all, what he'd ordered. I still shake my head thinking about it. Another time the waitress was as slow as molasses and was always seen off in another area talking to coworkers. Luckily I can't be flamed in this setting for the following observation but - as a rule - we've found that men are usually better servers than women. JMHO

We enjoyed all the entertainment and thought there was a good verity. So kudos to Paul who (I think) is responsible for putting it all together and seemed like a very nice 'bloke'! We saw ALL the shows in the Stardust Theater and spent quite a few early evenings (before dinner and the show) enjoying the wonderful music of Arvin and Emily while taking advantage of the of the 5-7 2-for-1 martinis in Champagne Charlies.

Now on to the ports............................ Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit 9157

Cabin was small but clean and well maintained and in a very convenient location

Aruba was actually 'Port 3' but I couldn't find our stop in Guatemala listed.

First Guatemala. After getting off we decided to splurge and went with Happy Fish for a river tour and then lunch in Livingston. It was fun.

In Aruba we got off the ship with nothing planned and were 'accosted' by locals giving us the option of an open-air bus tour (2 hours + for $15pp) or the equivalent in an air conditioned van for $20pp. Since it was a beautiful day and the bus was filling up then, we chose it. Very FUN with a good driver who also was our guide. It was our first time in Aruba which we thought was beautiful with absolutely gorgeous water!

Read 681 Aruba Reviews

(5.5)
We took the ships tour of Boston, ending at the airport for our flight home.

It was our first time in Boston and we were both impressed. Our guide was very knowledgeable and informative and we got to see just enough to whet our appetite and make us want to return. What a beautiful and historic city!

Read 216 Boston Reviews

Having been there before, we just got off the ship and walked around the huge port shopping area.

Another beautiful island and again we decided to just wing it. Lucked out once again and found an inexpensive tour ($20pp in a new air-conditioned mini bus) and thoroughly enjoyed this one too.

(By the way, the weather was wonderful this entire trip!)

Read 501 Curacao Reviews

Ooops, I forgot about Bermuda. As has been mentioned, tendering was a nightmare. We were waaaaay off-shore and they used a 700 passenger ferry that took AGES to fill up and unload coming-and-going. The process took up way too much of our short port day. We'd been to Bermuda once before (we docked that time) and we just walked around town this time, stopping in a coffee shop for a break. If we'd had more than that planned, we'd have been very disappointed.

Read 124 Hamilton Reviews