Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by cod

Cruise Date: April 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: IB
See More About: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

I beg to differ.....
The most recent reviews of the Spirit NO to Boston are so different from what we experienced that I can't help but wonder if we were on the same boat!

This was our second trip on the Spirit and it was even better than the first. When we got to our inside cabin we found the beds together which - in a small cabin - really cuts back on space to move around. So we waylaid our steward and asked that he please separate our beds when he had time (that day or the next, knowing how busy they are on day one) and, also, that he please make up our room in the morning as we are definitely afternoon nappers. (I felt a tip was in order). When we got back to our cabin between dinner and the evening show, it had been taken care of. Our room was done every morning while we were at breakfast for the entire cruise and I have nothing but praise for the service from our cabin stewards!

On to the food. I would rate it very good but for a very few exceptions and when you consider the number of meals had on a 12 day cruise, I think that is a very good record. Service, too, was actually very good. I have to mention one occurrence that is a first for us in our 19 cruises. My husband was brought the wrong order in Windows one day at lunch and very politely told the waitress so. She then informed him that HE was wrong and that that's what he ordered. He again said it wasn't but that it was okay and he'd keep it. And she again told him that it WAS after-all, what he'd ordered. I still shake my head thinking about it. Another time the waitress was as slow as molasses and was always seen off in another area talking to coworkers. Luckily I can't be flamed in this setting for the following observation but - as a rule - we've found that men are usually better servers than women. JMHO

We enjoyed all the entertainment and thought there was a good verity. So kudos to Paul who (I think) is responsible for putting it all together and seemed like a very nice 'bloke'! We saw ALL the shows in the Stardust Theater and spent quite a few early evenings (before dinner and the show) enjoying the wonderful music of Arvin and Emily while taking advantage of the of the 5-7 2-for-1 martinis in Champagne Charlies.

Now on to the ports............................

Publication Date: 04/29/10