Carnival Pride Cruise Review by antonrodri

Member Name: antonrodri
Cruise Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: 4K
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
        10-12 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

The Cruise That Made Me Fall In Love With Cruising
Background information: My dad and I booked this cruise for spring break (4/4-4/11) because it was the closest port nearby. The price wasn't the cheapest, but after you buy a plane ticket to Florida to catch a cheaper cruise, this was the better option. We are from Glen Allen, Va. and I was surprised to see two of my classmates on the same cruise! I also feel complied to tell you that I am 12 years old.

Embarkation: The embarkation took 30-45 minutes tops, but that includes parking and getting luggage tags. Parking is around $115 for the week, so do yourself a favor and see if you can find somewhere to park and get a cab or something to drive you to the port. The rooms were ready by 3:00pm.

Cabin/Ship: Our cabin (4203) was a "handicap accessible" and so it was about the same square footage of a suite. The room was nice and clean, with ample closet space and storage. We had a partially obstructed window, but you could still see the ocean and the sky. Though, the safe is very confusing and takes multiple swipes to get it open. The minibar was locked in every room for some reason (and not by request). The ship was very clean, but I found it hard to navigate around the ship on the first and second day. You soon will get the hang of it and find it is very simple. The upper decks were very windy. It then imaginable. Most of the time the front parts were closed due to high winds.

Food: The food in the Normandie was above my expectations and the Mermaid Grille was average to great. The Normandie served everything from escargot to lobster tail to Chateaubriand. Like many have said before, the chocolate melting cake is absolutely amazing!

Activities: I hot tubbed multiple times in the gym because it was the warmest hot tub and the only one you can be alone in. I swam in the pool once and I thought it was very crowded with younger ones and senior citizens. The ping-pong tables were always in use and the putt putt was too windy for me.

Circle "C": The Circle "C" director was not helpful and didn't even supervise most of the time. Though, I found myself excited to go everyday and very impatient during dinner because I wanted to go find my friends. Many of the kids stayed out until 12m-1am. The ship was very safe except for one incident where a man came into the Circle "C" area and threatened one of the guys and called another retarted. It was sort of funny, but it's a long story. It's very fun walking around the ship with your friends and my dad hooked his credit card up to my room key, so I could rome around and still be able to purchase drinks and candy without finding him.

Overall: It was one of the best vacations I have ever been on, and I am an avid traveler. You really do leave with many memories and new friends. It's an amazing boat, with an amazing staff and all.

Publication Date: 04/28/10