Carnival Pride 5

“It was nice - but not our best cruise ever”
Cruise review of Carnival Pride

cavewoman
Member Since 2007
2,204 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We live in Parkville, MD so time to the ship is no problem. Tops 15-20 minutes. My husband, myself and my best girlfriend took this trip. We are in our 50s and 60s. I celebrated my 50th birthday on April 13th and my husband and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on April 16th. Embarkation was smooth and easy, got to the port around 12:15 p.m. However I feel someone from the cruise ship, cruise director, officers, should greet you when you board and disembark. I was a little disappointed over that. We tried to "drop" off our carry-ons before dining on our first meal, but I think cruise ships have caught on to us sneaky people who like to drop their luggage off before they start wandering the ship. The food in the Mermaid Grille was good, not terrific, but no buffet ever is.

Our room was 5118 and our girlfriend's was 5116 - balconies. Carnival gets a 10 for their rooms, the bedding is FABULOUS, still miss it. I had read on Cruise Critic to ask to have maintenance come in More and take out the divider thingie between the balconies and then we had even a bigger baloncy that we all thoroughly enjoyed every single day. Now, it will be SO hard to go back to an inside room.

Weather was terrific in every port.

Food in MDR was okay, not spectacular. Ruben and Kevun were very good though. I was a little concerned the first night (which I understand) service was slow, but it got better.

Entertaiment was good - not a big fan of any cruise line's dancers/singers, but enjoyed the comedians and, of course, Quest. Don't miss that!!!!!

Don't gamble or drink much, so can't comment on that.

Our room steward was great as well. We called him Chai. I did notice on this ship that sometimes people who work on the ship had a little bit of a language barrier this time around.

Disembarkation, one of the easiest and smoothest we have had. No problem, got in around 8-ish, was off ship by 10 or so.... Holland America should learn from Carnival.

We are just used to Celebrity's class and food, but Carnival was not bad. Cruise director Kirk was good. Jamie okay, a little too loud. Less

Carnival Pride Cruises to the Bahamas

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

5118
extended balcony, lots of room everywhere, didn't even use it all. Loved having both balconies opened. Sometimes you could hear the base from the theater, but it wasn't a problem. Even with Camp Carnival right down the hallway, it wasn't too bad.

In Freeport, we did Deadman's Reef/Paradise Cove FABULOUS - we would do it again. Barry is terrfic.

CRUISE SHIPS NEED TO SKIP FLORIDA AND STAY LONGER IN FREEPORT. JUST A THOUGHT.

Read 1055 Freeport Reviews

Nassau we did a private snorkeling excursion with Barefoot Sailing - good excursion, but Randy the father needs to get a personality, his son is great, though.

Read 4029 Nassau Reviews

In Florida we a private airboat tour and went to the sand art festival, both very good. Renting a car for our first time went smoothly without any problems.

Published 04/28/10

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review

Carnival Pride Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?