Carnival Dream Cruise Review by 96ks

Cabin Category: 8S
        3-6 5.0
        7-9 5.0

Great time had for all!
This is the first time that I have ever posted comments on a website but I felt that I had to for a few reasons. One, because I used this website to base the decision of booking my cruise and found it very helpful. Two, because there doesn't seem to be much on here about how the kids liked or disliked the cruise. This is the second cruise for me but my first was back in 1996. The rest of my family members had never been on a cruise before.

Embarkation/Debarkation was a breeze. Very pleasant people.

Room was very clean. We were on the Spa level so it was awesome because there weren't many rooms on the floor so no noises and it always smelled so good on that floor. The people who have complained of the odor...not sure what they are talking about. I think I was on just about every floor - I even had some friends stay on the 6th floor and no one complained about any odors.

Camp Carnival was great. My kids (ages 6 and 9) loved it. We had to pay extra for keeping them there after 10 pm but they wanted to be there. They didn't want to be picked up because of all the activities going on and the parties that they had. The counselors were very quick to learn their names.

Dining. The food was awesome. Especially the Pasta Bar. There is something for everyone's tastes. My husband let my kids have ice cream from the soft serve machine just about any time that they wanted so they (including him) were in heaven.

Entertainment. Comedians were really funny. Really enjoyed the piano bar guy. We walked out on the show that had the country music theme/songs. It was really hokey. The magician was also very good and extremely entertaining. We also walked out on the juggler - didn't think that we could stand a whole hour of that.

In summary, all of us had a wonderful time. I was really worried about my husband because if a vacation isn't sports-related, he isn't interested. But he loved it as well and is ready to book another cruise. The boat did rock alot but even my husband and son who get car sick did not get sick on the ship. For all the people who don't have a good time on the Dream, they are just difficult to please and probably try to find the worst in everything.

Publication Date: 04/28/10