Carnival Dream Cruise Review by 96ks: Great time had for all!

96ks
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great time had for all!

Sail Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This is the first time that I have ever posted comments on a website but I felt that I had to for a few reasons. One, because I used this website to base the decision of booking my cruise and found it very helpful. Two, because there doesn't seem to be much on here about how the kids liked or disliked the cruise. This is the second cruise for me but my first was back in 1996. The rest of my family members had never been on a cruise before.

Embarkation/Debarkation was a breeze. Very pleasant people.

Room was very clean. We were on the Spa level so it was awesome because there weren't many rooms on the floor so no noises and it always smelled so good on that floor. The people who have complained of the odor...not sure what they are talking about. I think I was on just about every floor - I even had some friends stay on the 6th floor and no one complained about any odors.

Camp Carnival was great. My kids (ages 6 and 9) loved it. We had to pay extra for More keeping them there after 10 pm but they wanted to be there. They didn't want to be picked up because of all the activities going on and the parties that they had. The counselors were very quick to learn their names. Dining. The food was awesome. Especially the Pasta Bar. There is something for everyone's tastes. My husband let my kids have ice cream from the soft serve machine just about any time that they wanted so they (including him) were in heaven.

Entertainment. Comedians were really funny. Really enjoyed the piano bar guy. We walked out on the show that had the country music theme/songs. It was really hokey. The magician was also very good and extremely entertaining. We also walked out on the juggler - didn't think that we could stand a whole hour of that.

In summary, all of us had a wonderful time. I was really worried about my husband because if a vacation isn't sports-related, he isn't interested. But he loved it as well and is ready to book another cruise. The boat did rock alot but even my husband and son who get car sick did not get sick on the ship. For all the people who don't have a good time on the Dream, they are just difficult to please and probably try to find the worst in everything. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Spa 12207

Great balcony, quiet location. We were on the spa floor so only a few (like 12) rooms on our floor. Loved being on the 12th floor. Very convenient.

We didn't have much time in the Bahamas and since we had an entire vacation here years back, we decided to stay on the ship and get a massage. The massage was great.

Read 2665 Nassau Reviews

St. Maarten - The kids decided that they wanted to stay on the ship. They didn't want another day of driving around an island. My husband and I walked off the ship and found a company booking a tour of the island. The cost was only $25 each for a 2-hour tour. Very informative. The tour guide was very hospitable. I don't remember the name of the company but it was right behind the visitor's center. The rest of the time we spent shopping.

On St. Thomas, we decided to walk over to Budget car rental (right next to the docking area) and rent a car on our own that day. The car rental was only $60 but it wasn't that great of a car - a little beat up but we were OK with that because it was kind of scary driving on the opposite side of the road. It is so odd because the steering wheel is on the left. We found a gorgeous secluded beach close to the airport. Saw some spectacular views while driving. It was a decent, low-cost way to visit the island.

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews