Polarlys Cruise Review by Allison Barwell: Norwegian Fjord Splendor

Norwegian Fjord Splendor

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Embarkation: Bergen

My sister, mom & I had a splendid time aboard MS Polarlys & only wish we had taken the complete journey North & South! All staff was very friendly & helpful. Views from both inside the Panoramic suite & outside on deck were breath taking.

The variety and freshness of food was exquisite. The price of drinks in particular water and alcohol was in my view very expensive though.

Alesund - A very pretty and picturesque town with its characteristic harbour and buildings.

Trondheim - We had a very nice walk along the river and caught sight of the beautiful Nidaros cathedral

Svolvaer - I would describe this town as the "perfect picture postcard town" it looks very surreal and quite beautiful.

Tromso - We enjoyed the Fjellheisen Cable Car experience, the views of the city and surrounding mountains from the top of mount Storsteinen were spectacular and breathtaking.

Honningsvag - Was the last town we visited before More departing for England the history behind this town was of great interest with its church being the only original building still standing after the 2nd World war!

A very enjoyable and memorable holiday. Thank you!

Allison Barwell - Warwickshire England Less

Read more Polarlys cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Polarlys Review >>

Cabin review: Polarlys 392

My mom and I couldn't sleep soundly most nights due the noise of the anchor being rolled out when docking! I also found the bed mattress to be very uncomfortable which I do not believe caters well for people with troubled backs.