Crown Princess Cruise Review by Irishgirl415

Member Name: Irishgirl415
Cruise Date: April 2010
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: L246
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

A sparkling Crown Jewel!
My honey and I just returned last night from our Crown Princess Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Cozumel and Princess Cays. What a wonderful experience. This was my first time but my honey is an experiences cruiser. He knew much and that was our advantage. Being a Platinum member, gives you perks on Princess like a speedy check in. The staff was very helpful at embarkation and of course, the pictures started right away! Princess is a paperless cashless world so you use your cruise card for very purchase. It can be overwhelming so save you receipts and check at the end when you get your final bill. You can buy everything on the Crown- Lancone makeup, Clinique, perfume, lots of high end cosmetics,Cute Princess clothes, jewelry was outrageously costly. Some things at the end of the cruise go on sale. I am not into tshirts so it was no big deal for me.

If you are not experienced cruisers, get ready for the photo shoots at every port, dinner,every night! They display them near the Explorers lounge and you can see the progression. Hint: Find yours and start to add the newest one behind them. Then on the last day when you are considering buying them, you won't spend extra time searching. Our room was immaculate. My Platinum guy choose Lido( deck 15) as that was closest to the Horizon and Caribe. Very easy... The food there was good as were the hamburgs, hot dogs and ice cream. Every day as we left there was a info sheet of interesting ship facts near the door.

We made reservations at Da Vincis every night for 6:30 so we just whizzed past the line every night.We ate with each other. If we were later, we could have eaten with others. We shared tables at breakfast and some folks were very nice but others were not our style so I was glad we made that choice. My first reaction was how morbidly obese so many were or how fit. Some were so sloppy or impeccable- no middle ground.

If I could change anything about room location, I would have smokers close together. The room next to us were smokers and when we were on the balcony, the wind blew their smoke. We had fruit delivered everyday in the afternoon and borrowed the Princess bathrobes to use.

Getting the unlimited soda sticker was a good deal $34.21. We also got the specialty coffee card for latte, cappuchino, etc. You can also get one for wine, beer.

Entertainment was great fun. We saw the Cole Porter review, Adam the juggler,Erick the hypnotist, Troy and Rollin Moore-2 fanatastic comediens and our favorite of all, Bert Stratton at Crooners. We saw him every night he played and bought his CD. Wish now we got the DVD. What an amazing talent. David Letterman, Jim Carrey with a beautiful voice and an all around nice guy. We will follow him on Princess for sure. Chexk him out on you tube. You will not be disappointed.

Lots of trivia games.We won Princess Millionaire and got Princess goodies and a bottle of champagne. We went to the library to get books to read poolside and there was a trivia sheet everyday. There are all sorts of board games to borrow from chess to scrabble to jenga. make sure you read all the schedules upon boarding and then check your daily Princess Pater for updates. On the TV in your room every morning is the Wake Show starring the cruise directors.

We went to the pool by the Sanctuary. The prices were very high at the spa and I was disappointed. I had hoped for a couples massage but not for $350. Using the pool watching the Movies was fun,too, by the bars. We also went to Movies under the stars too but fell asleep! The movie repeats on TV the next day, too. The waitstaff was wonderful- everywhere! Check the drink prices. Some are cheaper at certain times.

We booked our excursions before sailing and that was cheaper. We also wanted to make sure we got the ones we wanted. At Grand Cayman we did Reef, Rays and Rum Point- NOT TO BE MISSED. This is NOT the one with the catamaran. We had a fabulous lunch at Rum Point,jerk chicken and fish was amazing. The snorkeling was a first for me and fun.Beautiful. The guides Chris and Moses from Watersports were a hoot. We kissed a sting ray, had a sting ray massage( not for $350!).No unemployement is Grand Cayman- gorgeous place. At Roatan we booked clear kayaking but it was a bit overcast so not much to see. Weather cleared for snorkeling. The bus drive took us through the town. Many pockets of true poverty- homes like Haiti. Folks spent time with that silly Hell tour. They traveled a lng time to get a tshirt that says I've been to hell.

At Cozumel we went to Chakunab-lovely calm beautful park -we booked from home the dolphin royal encounter( the top one) at dolphindiscovery.com We saved $175 doing it ourselves. Lots of fun. We bought the DVD and pictures. We knew we would even before we did it. We had a blast. I was disappointed in the Cozumel shopping. I do better on ebay. I had an embroidered Mexican dress as a beach cover up which was nicer than anything I saw.Ron Jon surf shop is there. Folks got fairly tanked up at Fat Tuesdays there and at the Roatan location. Cabs are unionized at Grand Cayman and Cozumel- not Roatan.Prices were reasonable. One pinhead from Carnival jumped into the water at Cozumel and we had to wait to set sail. Mexican police arrested him- we heard this was the second time during the cruise he jumped in at a port.

Princess Cays was great- we rented a clamshell. Did the reservation with Princess from home. Lots of cool watertoys to rent but be careful as they are by the hour. Gorgeous fish. Served a Princess lunch there- it's their island. Gift shops nothing to write home about.

Formal nights were very nice. Pictures again! It was wonderful dressing up snd people looked like bums if they didn't. The least the chubbies could do was not walk in the piazza whilst the rest of us glammed up. The balloon drop and dancing was so much fun! We danced the conga in the piazza, slow danced in the piano bar- I want to go back! We got an invitation to meet Captain Nash as my honey was Platinum and it was lovely having drinks and hor d'euves served with white gloves. We also had fun at Tropical night.Folks wore the flower shirts and tropical looks. Our last diner was fun with the Baked Alaska parade. Da Vincis was great. I never felt the need to spend extra money for the Crown Grill and Sabatinis. The menu at DaVincis was fine for me. You can eat appetizers as main courses, too.

Disembarking was generaly easy. Bags had to be outside the room between 6-10 pm Friday night. I might have packed a little each night after wearing next time. We thought we'd use the Platinum check out but the time flew.

We cannot wait to go on our next Princess cruise!

Publication Date: 04/27/10