Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Gracious Rose: Six Pack Cruise-Radiance of the Seas-Mexican Riviera.

Gracious Rose
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas Mexican Riviera Cruises

Six Pack Cruise-Radiance of the Seas-Mexican Riviera.

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: San Diego

This was our first time cruising and we're glad we did it with RCI. We had a fantastic time, met a lot of wonderful people on the ship and off and are looking forward to going on a cruise again some day.

This is a great cruise because it stops in six ports. My very own six pack. Each port was a joy to visit (except for one) and have the pictures to prove it. :)

Emarkation and deemarkation was smooth, quick and efficient .

They had a Karaoke Superstar Contest while we were on the ship, so I tried out for it. It was unreal because I had never Karaoked before in my life. My husband told me to try it because we weren't going to see any of these people ever again. I made it to the 8 finalists, having a blast the entire time. The man that actually won the Karaoke Contest was so good, he should be a professional.

Our stateroom was most excellent. Clean and roomier than we had expected it to be. Our stateroom attendant was always around to help us with More anything we wished. She was always in a good mood and wearing a smile. The main dining room had terrific choices for dinner. WE never ate anywhere for dinner other than the MDR. Our waiter and assistant were great too. She was most attentive, giving us all the things we needed in the evening. I tried something new and exciting every single night. It was fun. Our table mates were great and I hope we see them again some day on another cruise. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Radiance of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 3 3144

I was quite shocked at how large the cabin's closet's were. And there was ample storage space anywhere and every where. The shower is quite small, but we adjusted quickly and got into the cruise life fast and hard. :) We were in the very back of the ship on the third floor and it was so quiet, it was unreal. We loved our room and don't have any complaints about anything to do with the rooms.

We were very disappointed with the Acapulco City Tour and Cliff Divers. Don't get me wrong, the Cliff Divers were nice to see, but it was short-lived and we paid $100.00 for the two of us to see the city. After all, it's called a City Tour. But instead, the guide had the driver drive up and down a very long street and the guide pointed out all of the Amercian restaurants to be seen in their town. It was supposed to go until 1:30, but he dropped us off at 11:45, which was a god-send, we sure as hell didn't want to spend another hour looking at McDonalds and Burger King. (This is no exageration, this is what he had us looking at.) There was supposed to be a snack, but we got none. We've flown to Acapulco before, so we had toured the city and loved it ten years ago. We hoped to see the difference this time, but alas, when he dropped us off at the ship, we just gave up. We weren't going to pay for another excursion. So we didn't have a good time at all in Acapulco. We filed a complaint with RCI, but haven't heard a word back from them and I really doubt that we would get our money back.

Read 149 Acapulco Reviews

We went on an excursion for Cabo that was on a boat, sailing all around showing us the sights. I thought it might be a little much since we were already on a ship, and what do I do but book an excursion on a boat. But to our surprise, we both loved it a great deal. We had an excellent time. The Hard Rock Cafe has great food.

This was a beautiful place to be. We went on a tour of the city and then walked around on our own aftewards and did some shopping. It was such a gorgeous city and we enjoyed every moment we were there.

We had a terrific time here, doing a little bit of everything. Great fun to be had by both of us.