Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by happycrafter207

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by happycrafter207
Carnival Destiny
Carnival Destiny
Member Name: happycrafter207
Cruise Date: April 2010
Cabin Category: 6C
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

HAPPY TO REPORT-NO PROBLEMS
We just returned from a 5 day cruise on The Destiny (Sailed april 5 from Miami). I know before I took my cruise I read the reviews and was VERY worried about the ship and I am HAPPY to report there were NO engiene troubles on the destiny. Our five day cruise was to Jamacia and then to Grand Caymen Island. The embarkation procedure was fairly simple with no problems what so ever. We only waited about 45 minutes to board the ship once we arrived at the port. Went right up to the lido deck for drinks and lunch and to our surprise it wasn't packed full of people so we assumed people were in their cabins. We decided to walk down and were happy to see that all our luggage was in our room just as we had packed it.

The cabin was great...we had an oceanview room (rm#2181) the bathroom was a little smaller than other cruises I have been on but it was fine...we love having a couch in the room. We meet our Cabin Stewart that night he seemed very nice and kept out room nice and clean but we didn't see him very much (which is fine) we only saw him 1 other night when he dropped off our tickets for our post cruise tour. Jamaica was a surprise. The disembarkation went very well and the return to the ship went very well. We got off the ship at about 815 and waited till about 9:10 for our tour (Dunn river falls and bobsled) which was suppose to leave at 9 so not bad at all. Dunn's River Falls was GREAT!!! It was something I probably would never think of doing in my regular life but my boyfriend told me to try it...and I am so glad he did I LOVED IT. I will say that my parents decided to not climb the falls and did a walk around and took pics of us climbing and both of them said that people asking for $ was over powering. After that we went to Mystic Mountain to do our bobsled ride, which was very COOL it really shows off the beauty of the island and the chairlift was an added bonus. Overall I enjoy this stop but probably won't return to this part of Jamaica again. My mom didn't like the island duto the peddlers because several times they got rude when you said no thank you to they offer of objects. I think you just have to know and respect the culture of the island and be respectful to the people, and most will show you respect back.

Grand Cayman Islands is GREAT! It was my second stop there. Our tour was Stingray Island and snorkeling, which was a blast. We loved seeing the coral garden. Please remember your water camera we took 2 and used both. We went to Margaretville for about 2hours for lunch and drinks. Always a good time! There were five ships in port and which at 1st seemed like it was going to be a problem but it wasn't at all. We waited maybe 10mins for a tender boat back. The dining on the ship was good as always. Of course the buffet, pizza and deli areas were always busy but nothing crazy. The food in the dining rooms was good. They had a lot of the same items as on my last two cruises but it was my boyfriend's 1st cruise so it was all new to him. We ate most every dinner in the dining room and our staff was excellent and greeted us by name at each meal. We had an annoying man sit next to us but that wasn't Carnival fault.

The entertainment on this ship was WEIRD....we didn't see any of the shows (on all the other cruises I have gone to most of them) the shows were at weird times which messed with our dinner times and the last night it was canceled duto rough seas. The Comedy shows were so-so...the two guys which a little funny but pretty much had the same act and we didn't really connect with it. Normally the karaoke is a blast to watch but it was horrible on this cruise...mainly because of the people who did it which is again not carnival's fault but the host was dry and not very friendly as well. The activities weren't plentiful on this cruise during the day-not sure really why it was different then other ships but during the day we found ourselves having to come up with things to do (no funny game shows or anything) and our cruise director was ok but not one of my favorites (he seemed like nervous and awkward) We did enjoy our time in the casino as always (still looking for the winner slot machine thow)

All in all we had a wonderful vacation and sad it is over.....we will choose a more updated ship next trip as we do love to cruise, but we will choose Carnival again as we like the young crowd and excitement.

Publication Date: 04/22/10