MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Vic De Jesus

MSC Poesia
Member Name: Vic De Jesus
Cruise Date: April 2010
Cabin Number: 12026
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
We will NOT be back!
This is only my second cruise, but the experience was a 180% for the worst than my first trip. Embarkation was very quick, and this was a pleasant surprise (about the only one). The ship is very modern and beautiful; I can't take anything away from that one. On our first trip to the restaurant things began to unravel very quickly. The waiter was rude and began to make faces when we began to ask him to do his job. We spoke with him about it, and asked him if there was something bothering him (everybody has a bad day but this character was beyond that). Long story short, we ended up requesting to change tables to avoid his negativity. The second waiter was better, but he forgot to serve part of the orders taken for three days in a row.

The impression that most of the employees there gave us was that one of "I can't wait to get the heck out of this boat." They did not see happy or eager to be working there at all. The only exception to that were the cabin personnel which were great. I was on the 12th floor and for some reason; the area near my cabin had a smell of raw sewage for most of the cruise.

Be ready to be ignored if you ask a question to most of the personnel there, the only exception is at the information desk. My spouse asked for assistance to a casino employee, but she was told to wait until he finished his conversation with another casino employee (the conversation was not business related at all).

The food was edible, but it was not of very good quality. The choices were limited and either undercooked or overcooked for the most part. Activities during the trip are limited. The hours of operation for the cafeteria are limited at best, and not well coordinated with the return of the shore excursions. Again, quality of the cafeteria food is marginal, and the variety of menu is non-existent.

Bring a deck of cards, dominoes, or some sort of game to kill time at night. The nightly shows were short, and of poor quality. Variety is not a forte for the entertainment staff. I was not very happy when the port of call was changed from Playa del Carmen to Conzumel. The passengers were informed of this change just minutes before arrival instead of saying anything about it the night before. On my cruise before this one, activities were announced over the intercom system; don't expect that on this cruise, you better have your daily pamphlet handy!

I usually don't like to sound too negative, but this cruise line really ticked me off. By the third day I was ready to come back home and hop in another cruise line if I could have done it. The ship was beautiful but the personnel running it are very inflexible and will not accommodate you as a fare paying customer. They truly lack little details such as courtesy, friendliness, and customer service. I would never take another trip with this cruise line, nor will I recommend it to anyone else.

Publication Date: 04/22/10