Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review by Jane Stephens: Not what I expected!

Jane Stephens
0 Post

Compare Prices on Costa Deliziosa Middle East Cruises

Not what I expected!

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Dubai

We arrived on Sunday morning at 8am after a night flight. We could not embark on the ship till around 4.30pm. We sat in the terminal nodding off and walking around as we felt too tired to do anything else. We could have flown early on Sunday morning and would not have had to sit around for hours. When we finally embarked we had to wait another two hours until our cabin was ready and a further 45 minutes until our luggage arrived.Drinks very expensive, beer 4.50 euros. Single spirit measure 6.25 euros and a mixer 2.50 euros + 15% surcharge on top of every drink purchased. Not allowed to purchase duty free spirits on board (you can on P & O at duty free prices). Ship design - very dazzling in places, bit glitzy. Not that many passengers follow the dress code - many wore casual wear on formal nights. We had a balcony cabin on deck 8 which was very comfortable - no complaints there. I had expected the food to be delicious as italian restaurants in England are always a favourite. Food More was bland, most of the meat 'braised' and I'm afraid very bland. Despite the novovirus which can happen on ships, no one enforces the use of hand sanitizer on entering restaurants - although it is there!

This was our fifth cruise and although I enjoyed Dubai and the other ports of call I was disappointed. The adult swimming pool at the rear of the ship says that children are not allowed to swim there but daily there were children using this pool and no one enforced the rule.

I would not recommend this cruise line and have been advised to look at Princess Cruises next. I really fancied a grilled fillet steak for dinner but after a few days I was disenchanted with meat that was "braised". Also there were no vegetables served. If you had prawns they had not been cleaned, they still had their intestine tract! Less

Read more Costa Deliziosa cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Deliziosa Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Deliziosa Oceanview with Veranda Ibisco Deck 8348

Cabin was very comfortable. Bed nice and firm, bedding very soft. Great location on deck 8, lovely spacious balcony with comfortable chairs and a table.