Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by dk2202: Soggy in the Caribbean

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Soggy in the Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2010

We arrived at the cruise terminal to board the LIberty of The Seas around 11:30 and we were eating lunch in the Windjammer by 12:00. We took this cruise 2 years ago and it took us about 2 hours to get onto the ship. I don't know if it was due to our timing, luck or a more efficient process.

Our first day was at sea and it was quite windy, but it was sunny and warm. We had no problem finding lounge chairs near the pool. The pool bar waiters were all over the place and they provided good service. We found LeRoy who was our bar waiter when we did this cruise 2 years ago and we dined in the Botticelli deck. This guy is very niice and quite funny.

Our waiter was Andrae and he was from Jamaica. This fellow did an excellent job as did his assistant. The head waiter made his way to our table almost every night and he made us feel that he would do whatever it took to make our cruise enjoyable. Our bar waiter was Corey and he was also excellent. He went well out of his way More to get special martini glasses for my brother in law every night so he had at 8 by the end of the cruise. He made sure that we got our shot of the day when we missed the dining room one night. The shot glasses were very nice. The food was very good for the most part.

Our nieces used the kid's club everyday and they really looked forward to going each day.

Our last day at sea was cool and it was windy. There was very little sun most of the day. The band played most of the day and I thought they were great all week. We had someone playing the piano and violin on some nights and a guitar player on other nights. They all made the dining experience much nicer.

Our room steward was Leon and he was very nice and went out of his way to help us. We saw a few shows and most of them were good to great. Our family did not care much for their "Greatest Show" which was mostly acrobatics. The ice show was great and the juggler and comedian were also very good. We ate a lunch at Jonny Rockets on our last sea day and the order somehow got messed up and delayed our meal. They made sure that we were taken care of without having to ask for it. We arrived at Miami to return to reality and it began to rain again. I hope that this weeks cruisers have better weather. I have no complaints about RCCL only the weather. The ship is still in very good conditon also!

Also kudos to RCCL for trying to help the 500 European cruisers was had their flights home cancelled because of the ask cloud. A plus! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas 308

We had a balcony room and we thought it was quite spacy .

We went to Cozumel the next day and we were advised by the Captain that we would get in a few hours late becuse of rough seas and it was raining a little bit when we arrived. We went to the Mexican History Center and Chankanaab Park. We learned a lot about the Mexican culture at the center though it was a little dull. Chankanaab was very nice and we had an excellent lunch there. We didn't do much else because it began to rain heavily at times. We left and went downtown and shopped in the rain. We ate dinner at Pancho's Backyard and we had an excellent dinner. We then took a cab back to the ship in the pouring rain. The sewers were overflowing and running into the ocean! I thought it was just a storm sewer until we smelled the foul odor. We did some shopping at the international shops be the pier and left for a day at sea around 8PM.AA ferry full of people ran into some kind of delay and showed up at the last minute. It was raining again as we left the port and the seas were very rough.

Read 3122 Cozumel Reviews

We arrived at Grand Cayman the next day and it was raining. We got on the bus which included a few ignorant and rude people and we stopped off at Hell to see the rocks behind a run done gift shop. We then went to the Turtle Farm at Boatswain's Beach. That was a pretty nice place and despite some rain we had a good time. The food there wasn't bad. We had time to do some shopping before we got onto the tender to return.The tendering process went pretty good.

We arrived in Miami the morning before our cruise and stayed overnight at the Eden Roc Hotel. I strongly recommend the hotel. It was a little expensive, but it was all very nice. The food was exceptional. The pools were all nice and the beach was nice and clean.

Read 161 Miami Reviews

We went to Ocho Rios the next day and went to Shaw Park. The beach seemed to be much like gravel rather than sand. The surf was clean and rather calm. The hotel and outside area is in need of much work. There was an abundance of electrical code violations. We had lunch at this place and it was poor at best. Unfortunately it rained most of the time so we had to eat the food indoors instead of outdoors. We then went to Dunns Falls and this place was very nice. My wife and her sister thought it was quite dumb of my brother in law and I to climb up the falls. They were afraid that we would get hurt and ruin everyones vacation. My brother in law fell off some rocks and luckily landed in a few feet of water. I wondered how many people get seriously hurt at this place. I came close to falling a couple of times. They had guides with each group and they did a pretty good job. We bought a DVD for $40 and it wasn't the best quality but it was better than nothing since we left our cameras behind.

Unfortunately we did not have much time to do any shopping and had to get back to the ship.