Carnival Dream Cruise Review by blackjck: Big Ship! Way too big!

blackjck
Member Since 2006

Public Rooms Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Big Ship! Way too big!

Sail Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

I'll try to recap everything as quick and simple as possible. It was hubby and I, and another couple. First, we arrived at the port around 11am and had NO problems what so ever. We were on the ship within 30 minutes time. We were able to get into our cabin rooms at 1:30. Our last piece of luggage was delivered at around 3pm. Muster drill was simple.

Smell on board was frequent throughout the week, but never that bad. It would come and go at different places and times.

Food was great in the dining room. Order as much as you want! Hubby ordered 3 different entrees each time and 3 different desserts. Food in the buffet (The Gathering) seemed to be the same ole' stuff after a few days. Burgers and fries from the grill were so-so. Fries were NEVER hot and NEVER warm. The ice cream machine was a hot spot for us a couple times a day. Room Service-we ordered plenty of it just for the fun of it. Took about 1 hour to arrive each time. Didn't know you could order dining room More items on room service, but a friend on the boat did. I'll have to remember that next time.

The most enjoyable, relaxing part of the cruise boat itself was laying in a hammock up on the Serenity deck. Man-0h-man! Didn't go to many shows. One show we did hit that I highly recommend is the Fun Force dancers! They were awesome! Went to one of the adult-only comedy shows, it was so-so.

Nassau-Been here many times before so we decided to try something different. We hung out in Senor Frogs. Boy do they know how to drink in that joint! We don't really drink much, but if you want to drink for free and get drunk easy, join their congo line! Food was a bit pricy.

St. Thomas-Never been here before. Beautiful as we were told. You MUST try the BOSS Underwater Scooter excursion! OMG is all I can say! Go to YouTube and look up BOSS Underwater Scooter. It is simply amazing. If you smoke, we bought Salems 5 cartons for $110.00.

St. Maarten-Never been here before either. Beautiful island! Booked a private four-wheeler tour excursion. This was alot of fun! Pretty beaches. Marlboro, Salems, and ALL other brands were $16.00 a carton!! Smokers heaven!

Days at sea to us were boring. We are the type that would rather visit an island everyday. I would definitely sail on the Dream again if I had a new itinerary. The only real complaint I had was the boat was TOO BIG. It's hard to gain weight from all the food you eat because you have to walk SO MUCH to get where you want to go!

Getting off the boat was a breeze. From the time they called our disembark number....we were off, luggage and all, in about 10 minutes time. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>