Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by wlrees2002

Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Amazing Cruise
As I read the previous review, I couldn't help but wonder if that person was on the same ship. I traveled with two good friends, we are all in our mid 40's and had an incredible time. The trip started out amazingly as we had been in contact with 85 others on the Cruise Critic Roll Call, so the first night we had a group get together. There were many wonderful people, and for the rest of the cruise you felt connected with this group. We would see familiar faces at dinner...at ports of call...around the pool - and they all had such great energy. Truly amazing!

As for the food, I thought it was fantastic. We primarily ate in the Cosmopolitan Dining Room for breakfast and dinner and then would eat on the islands for lunch. I am not much of a buffet person, so I really cannot comment on that. They did have wonderful burgers, that we had on our sea day. I felt that line moved a little too slowly, but it did manage to give me a short break from the sun.

I always found the pool area very enjoyable in the late afternoon and on the sea day - and the cold towels they delivered really helped cool you off. There were two incredible servers poolside - Bobby Chen - who would always entertain and make you laugh as he ran around serving drinks and "Dr. Feel Good" at the bar above the pool area. Their outgoing energy was contagious. As a result it did seem that that bar did tend to attract people in our age range. We also enjoyed listening to the band "Accent" around the pool prior to getting ready for dinner. They are from St. Lucia - and really did an amazing job in singing all kinds of music - from Country, to Reggae, to their local Caribbean music - etc. Mary and Remius the two singers were fantastic.

I enjoyed the workers in the casino - but, unfortunately it never let to any winnings for me, so after the second day, I did not return there.

We ended up spending most of our evening closing down the disco. The great thing about having a consistent pattern to your day, is we ended up making tons of friends who enjoyed doing the sames things we did. In total, there were about 10 of us that would get together every night for some late night dancing. These are friends I expect to have for a lifetime.

For ports of call, we were in St.Thomas, St Kitts, St. Croix, Antigua and St. Lucia. The only port that I was not that impressed by was St. Croix - really didn't find much to do there and it rained. In St. Thomas we did a sailing charter for the day that was out of this world and would highly recommend. www.simplicitycharters.com. For $125/pp they took you places that were less frequented by tourists - and we had a wonderful time snorkeling. 1st mate Josh has a degree in Marine sciences - and he took us out and would point out various fish and sea life. While Snorkeling, Charlie, the captain cooked us an amazing lunch. Hinckley, the dog on board, kept us thoroughly enetertained. What a ham!. We also chartered a private boat on St. Lucian which made for an amazing day as well - that was done with Serenity Charters. John, the owner, was so professional and amazing to deal with. On St. Kitts we had gotten a day room for about $100 at the Marriott. Beautiful resort - unfortunately it rained. Antigua we went to Valley Church Beach which had to be one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever been to.

All in all it was just the most amazing vacation. I would highly recommend.

Publication Date: 04/19/10