Star Princess Cruise Review by rdp305: Spring Break on the Star Princess

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Star Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Spring Break on the Star Princess

Sail Date: April 2010

My husband and I have cruised on Princess lines four times. In July of 2009 we sailed to Alaska on the Star Princess and had the time of our lives. We were excited that the Star would be sailing on this trip over Spring Break. Embarkation went smoothly and it wasn't long before we were enjoying lunch and our usual bon voyage beverage by 12:30.

On the other hand this was not like the trip on Star Princess we had in Alaska. Our steward was competent and was the one person I believe did a little more than we expected. It was difficult to get waited on around the pool. Usually I am approached very often to see if I would like something to drink. I think I was asked once during the week. We always eat dinner in the dining room and the food was good but not the quality we have become accustomed to enjoying. I also enjoy formal nights mostly because I do not get the chance to dress up for dinner very often. While it is clearly printed in the Princess Patter that T shirts are not More allowed we noticed that the head waiters were letting it slide. We were told later that they do not want to upset passengers. But then... I thought I was also a passenger.

There were many children and teenagers on board as you would expect for spring break. Most were between the ages of 5-17 or 18. There were many of these kids that were unsupervised and down right rude. My husband and I went to the Skywalkers lounge one night. When the elevator opened there were about ten teens sitting on the floor so that we were unable to get off the elevator until a couple of them moved. We told the security men at the entrance to the lounge that they were sitting there and it could be a fire hazard; they just laughed. Toward the end of our cruise I was at the aft Terrace Pool which is an adult only pool. I heard a loud splash and saw there were a couple of teenage boys racing back and forth across the pool. A passenger came down from another level to tell them it was an adult pool and they needed to go. They just stared at her and remained in the pool. After a few mins. and seeing they were not going to leave I called the passenger services desk and asked that someone come to tell them to leave. No one from security showed up or any deck attendant. My husband and I eventually asked to speak with someone directly. A man did come to speak with us. I think he was an assistant hotel manager. He explained that the wait staff and other deck attendants do not like to confront these people because it might escalate or they may upset the passengers. Fortunately we did have a good time and wonderful weather. We will probably sail with Princess again....just not during spring break. Less

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Star Princess Interior Double Caribe Deck

I had never been to Grand Turk and it is a beautiful island. The water is crystal clear and some good shopping at the port. We signed up for a catamaran sail and snorkeling. There were at least 88 people on board which was way too many. Did not see much while snorkeling. Several groups were in the same area and were getting mixed together accidently.

We sailed on the Stars and Stripes in the 12 meter race. The most fun I have ever had!

Snorkeled at Turtle Cove and saw the sea turtles which was great. We did not see many fish though. I think it had something to do with the large number of people in the water. Later had a lunch at Honeymoon Beach and did some swimming there.

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews