Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Sparkie48: Waking up from my Dream and wishing it would continue!!!!

Sparkie48
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Waking up from my Dream and wishing it would continue!!!!

Sail Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

4/10/10-4/17/10

There were 12 of us cruising this time from Port Canaveral to Nassau Bahamas, St. Thomas,VI and St. Maarten for a 75th birthday celebration for my friends' parents. The rest of us are between 47 and 52 yrs old. All total 4 males, and 8 females in our group. Four couples and four singles (three of us left our hubbies at home).

Embarkation: Our group of 4 didn't arrive until 1pm and although the lines were long it really didn't take too terribly long and the staff was friendly.

Food: The Gathering (buffet) was as usual the place most people go and very busy at all meal times. We usually made it down to breakfast around 10am and the omelet station was busy, but never more than 4 people in line. Scarlet Dining Room: our server Lizette was a gem. Not only cute and vivacious, but talented and able to entertain us during the songs and dances. The food was fabulous, always hot or cold as it should be. The panko breaded shrimp were to die for the More last evening.

On board, the Piano Bar was the spot each night and Barry made everyone feel like the party was just about them. Marius the bartender does a mean pole dance when he isn't busy pouring drinks. If you need a new one to try, I recommend the Birthday Cake shot...yummy!!!

The comedians were so-so, didn't go to any of the shows. Shopping on board is the same as all other ships- don't waste your money the first day as many sales take place over the week.

Only had one time on the first day that the "bad smell" was noted, otherwise not obvious. Pool areas were crowded, but most ships are. 30 minute chair hold is nice, we never had a hard time getting enough chairs for the 7 of us, just had to wait a little while.

Overall we had a great time and would do it again in a heartbeat. We had so much fun we did not want to leave on Saturday morning. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Upper 6490

We were in cabin 6490 with an extended balcony. We were a bit disappointed when we found out one of our friends had an ocean-view 1371 with two bathrooms (one had bathtub and sink, the other a shower, sink and toilet. We also didn't have sofa like others in inside cabins and ocean-view. We were in the back of the ship and since the ship is so long it was a hike to get to anything in the front of the ship. Not much of a problem for us as we stayed to areas in the rear or middle of the ship most of the time. The view of the ocean from our beds through two big windows was great.

Nassau Bahamas: Didn't do a shore excursion as the casino is not my style, but visited the Straw Market (temporary site) and bought some Tiffany jewelery and name brand purses (Gucci, Coach, Dolce & Gabana). The sellers are willing to haggle a little to get you to buy from them. After shopping we found a spot at Senor Frogs and had a blast for 2+ hours. The music, ambiance, chips, salsa and cold beer were all worth it.

Read 2662 Nassau Reviews

St. Maarten: Did the America's Cup Regatta again. Just as much fun as four years ago. Captain Morgan on the Canada II is a hoot!!! Highly recommend doing this if you are into an adrenaline rush.

St. Thomas: I had done this itinerary on the Caribbean Princess four years ago and didn't care for never ending jewelery stores in the downtown harbor area. I took my friend there just to see if things had changed (they hadn't) someone told me there are 158 jewelery stores in a 2 block radius. Ridiculous!!! Anyway, we had met at man (Tim) from Tim's Tours (red safari truck with hibiscus flowers on the side and back. He was very nice and told us about an island tour he does for $20. Since my friend and I wanted to go to Sapphire beach, he told us to join the tour and he would drop us off there for 2 hours and then pick us up and take us to our ship. He doesn't require payment until the end of the ride, so we took him up on the offer. The tour was great, lot's of photo opp's and Sapphire beach was the best for snorkeling!! we saw tropical fish and sea turtles within a feet of shore. Tim told us he would be back and was on time and ready to go.

Read 2340 St. Thomas Reviews