MSC Poesia Cruise Review by LadyDuchess: Still love MSC

Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Still love MSC

Sail Date: April 2010

My past experience on MSC Lirica was awesome. It was more personalized versus MSC Poesia. MSC Poesia has some changes to make even though we still had a great cruise.

Embarkation was a pain in the neck, the new health forms create unnecessary waiting times. The staff providing the forms and directing you where to go are very rude. Thankfully they did not work on the ship and you never saw them again.

Once on board, we had a wonderful cabin. Don't over pack, there is not a lot of storage. We had a cat 11 balcony. It was awesome. Cabin Steward was great and always went above and beyond for us.

Shows on board were very good, most impressive is the Michael Jackson tribute, a must see for all.

We had an excellent waiter in the dining room. He was the best we have ever had and this was my 8th cruise. The food the was very good, some dishes could be better. We loved the cheesecake and all the pasta dishes. Overall we enjoyed our meals.

The More Kaito Sushi Bar is excellent. Great dinner!!!!! Absolutely loved it. I recommend if you have the opportunity to go and try it. You will enjoy it.

I would have liked to see the pizza bar opened all day, unfortunately it was only open a certain times of the day. The pizza was great and there are many choices.

The buffet in the afternoon always had long lines and closed early. (to be expected with a larger ship) The salad bar was superb. I ate at the buffet several times and always had good food and many choices.

Casino was ok, was disappointed not to see Let it Ride. Some dealers were very friendly, others didn't speak to you at all.

The Spa was absolutely beautiful. Just loved the jacuzzi's and hot tubs over looking the ocean. What a view. It's a great place just to enjoy yourself and relax. Just beautiful.

The entertainment team did a great job. Would have liked to see more dances at pool side.

Overall we had a great cruise and a great time at a great price. This was my 3rd MSC cruise and I will continue to cruise with them. I am looking forward to being on Poesia for New Year's Eve. Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Superior Balcony D Annunzio Deck 12102

Nassau is always great to go to. It's a beautiful island with a lot of shopping and Atlantis. There is always something to see and do.

Read 2663 Nassau Reviews

San Juan is a very beautiful place. I love going there and we always have a great time.

Read 1376 San Juan Reviews

St. Maarten has some great shopping and great beaches. This is one of my favorites.

Was not impressed at all with this port. Our itinerary said Tortola, British Virgin Island. Mostly Tortola will consist of Roadtown, not this trip. We went to Virgin Gorda, Spanish Town. The island was not prepared to deal with the large volume of guest coming off the ship. Most of the time they get smaller ships, they were more than overwhelmed. Needlessly to say we got off and got back on board. Our family that went with us did enjoy the island tour when they finally got on and it was well spent money and the rest of my family enjoyed going to the baths and said it is a must see and do. I will be looking forward to that on our next visit.