MSC Poesia Cruise Review by LadyDuchess

MSC Poesia
Member Name: LadyDuchess
Cruise Date: April 2010
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Still love MSC
My past experience on MSC Lirica was awesome. It was more personalized versus MSC Poesia. MSC Poesia has some changes to make even though we still had a great cruise.

Embarkation was a pain in the neck, the new health forms create unnecessary waiting times. The staff providing the forms and directing you where to go are very rude. Thankfully they did not work on the ship and you never saw them again.

Once on board, we had a wonderful cabin. Don't over pack, there is not a lot of storage. We had a cat 11 balcony. It was awesome. Cabin Steward was great and always went above and beyond for us.

Shows on board were very good, most impressive is the Michael Jackson tribute, a must see for all.

We had an excellent waiter in the dining room. He was the best we have ever had and this was my 8th cruise. The food the was very good, some dishes could be better. We loved the cheesecake and all the pasta dishes. Overall we enjoyed our meals.

The Kaito Sushi Bar is excellent. Great dinner!!!!! Absolutely loved it. I recommend if you have the opportunity to go and try it. You will enjoy it.

I would have liked to see the pizza bar opened all day, unfortunately it was only open a certain times of the day. The pizza was great and there are many choices.

The buffet in the afternoon always had long lines and closed early. (to be expected with a larger ship) The salad bar was superb. I ate at the buffet several times and always had good food and many choices.

Casino was ok, was disappointed not to see Let it Ride. Some dealers were very friendly, others didn't speak to you at all.

The Spa was absolutely beautiful. Just loved the jacuzzi's and hot tubs over looking the ocean. What a view. It's a great place just to enjoy yourself and relax. Just beautiful.

The entertainment team did a great job. Would have liked to see more dances at pool side.

Overall we had a great cruise and a great time at a great price. This was my 3rd MSC cruise and I will continue to cruise with them. I am looking forward to being on Poesia for New Year's Eve.

Publication Date: 04/18/10