“NCL Sun - BEWARE”

MRA311
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We are very experienced Cruisers having gone on about 20 Cruises. We've been on most of the Cruise Lines. Carnival - Royal Caribbean - Princess - Celebrity - Holland American - NCL

In fact we have been on NCL several times before this cruise, but NEVER again. This Cruise left Valparaiso, Chile and went around Cape Horn ending up in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The problem on this Cruise was the food! We have always experienced well prepared and extremely tasty food on EVERY cruise. Food in a local diner would have been better than what we had on this cruise. It ranged from some taste to NO TASTE! The worst food was at Dinner!

One night I asked for a plain salad with Italian Dressing. Now the dressing was not bad but it looked like Catalina Dressing and the last thing it tasted like was Italian. One night we ordered fish and it had absolutely NO TASTE AT ALL! After a few nights of this we actually did not look forward to having dinner. We spoke with other people during the cruise and they were also disappointed in the food.

Breakfast was OK. The Pizza & Pasta area (Lunch ONLY) was Great! Deserts were poor to tasteless!

One day my wife and I woke up, BOTH sick with the Norwalk Virus! As experienced Cruisers we always wash our hands in the rest rooms and always use a tissue on the door handles of the rest rooms even though NCL didn't mention this. The nurse came to our cabin and gave us pills and she DID cancel our NCL Excursion for us (with a full credit). Turns out we were one of the lucky ones. We were only sick for 24 hours and got up and out the next day. Lots of other people on the ship told us they were sick for multiple days, and then their spouse came down with it after that....

NCL did improve on their daily activities. On previous Cruises they had very limited activities. The night time shows were just OK. Lots of Musicians which did not interest us and we did not attend. I think they did that because English Speaking people were in the minority, so music could be appreciated by all those who like that kind of show, regardless of their spoken language...

Lucky we did not win the Free NCL cruise, I would not give it to anyone I know.....

Norwegian Sun Cruises to Transatlantic
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

ALL Cabins on ALL SHIPS need an electrical outlet near the headboard. Lots of people like me have Medical Devices and have to string extension cords all over the cabin. Lucky no one tripped using the bathroom at night!
Published 04/16/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sun Review
Norwegian Sun Cruises to Transatlantic
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?