MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Luckyone2: A Cruise for People Who Love Cruising

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A Cruise for People Who Love Cruising

Sail Date: April 2010

A Cruise for People Who Love Cruising

My husband and I had a wonderful time on the MSC Poesia! Because of the great number of negative reviews, I will admit that I was concerned, but I promise you that these negative reviews are undeserved.

My husband and I have cruised about 10 times over the past 35 years. We have cruised on old favorites such as the Flavia and Emerald Seas as well as the cruise lines Premier, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean.

Embarkation: We arrived at 11:00 and had to wait a few minutes for the doors to open. We were among the first 100 people to arrive and the process went quickly. We took our bags straight to our cabin, then went and changed our dining from first to second seating, and then went to the buffet. We did not have to wait to change our seating assignment, and there were absolutely no lines for the buffet.

Food: The food is good. Just as you don't like everything that your mama makes, you are not going to like More everything that they make. The waiters were very attentive and quick to bring you something else if you didn't like what you had or if you simply wanted something that someone else had. I thought that the pasta dishes were delicious, and I loved their desserts. Our waiters were fantastic; Yasa was simply the best!

Room: We were delighted with our balcony room. There was plenty of storage, and the bed was comfortable. I'm afraid now that we have had a balcony cabin, we can never go back to an inside cabin. It was surreal to wake up to see the mountainous islands of the Eastern Caribbean.

Ports: I was concerned about the short port times but the MSC Poesia arrived earlier that what was expected for each port. I booked all my excursions privately before we left: Puerto Rico: We had booked an excursion with Albert to El Yunque Rain Forest/Old San Juan; Saint Martin: We booked with Bernard an all island-beach tour; Virgin Gorda: We took a $3 taxi and our snorkels to the Baths/Devil's Bay; and in Nassau: We rented a scooter and toured the whole island, and then, went over to Paradise Island and toured Versailles Gardens and the Cloister. The weather was beautiful, and we had great times in all ports!

Entertainment: We saw and loved all the shows. I thought that the dancers, juggler, gymnasts, singers, and magician were great! There were shows even on port nights. The Michael Jackson tribute show is not to be missed! The theater is a beautiful place, and the seats are very comfortable.

We did not witness any rude or pushy people in lines anywhere on the ship. There were a lot children on board but they were generally well behaved or simply not seen.

Disembarkation: We were the first off the ship because we carried our own bags.

I would not hesitate to cruise with MSC again. We had a wonderful time! Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Balcony Tasso Deck 9033

Great balcony, quiet location, great storage! The room was conveniently located near the elevators.