Crown Princess Cruise Review by luvstocruise8180

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Crown Princess Cruise Review by luvstocruise8180
Crown Princess
Crown Princess
Member Name: luvstocruise8180
Cruise Date: April 2010
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Not your typical Princess cruise!
Since I am a teacher I can only cruise during certain times of the year. For the past five years I have cruised during spring break and was able to enjoy my "adult time." However, this cruise was far from relaxing.

Let's start with the fact that there were over 900 kids on board. I don't have any kids of my own and I AM a teacher- but this was ridiculous! Most of the 900 kids were probably between the ages of 13-19 with absolutely nothing to do but sit around and cause havoc. Apparently they did not know where the teen deck was or did not want to go. Kids were running up and down the halls at 2 am...kids were in the pool late at night, running around the top deck..unsupervised. I suppose that their parents did not enforce a curfew- they probably figured "how can they get in trouble? They are on a cruise." Well I couldn't enjoy a "Movie Under the Stars" thanks to them. They were loud and annoying. They would run all over the ship and practically knock into you. One group even took a picture of a family of three from the family's photo that was in the photo gallery and were laughing hysterically...I heard something about "please send me that photo." If you were a family of three and you were on this ship, hopefully your pic is not floating on the Internet somewhere. Princess really needs to do something about kids and their behavior, since their parents obviously do nothing. Perhaps a curfew would work? I'm not saying it was all kids- there were some very polite kids on board who obviously know how to behave in public.

The captain- Nick Nash- would not leave Roatan due to high winds so we missed Cozumel, which was the port we wanted to go to. Since we missed Cozumel no new entertainment could board the ship so we were left with a movie on the big screen or a movie in the theatre. I do enjoy the Movies Under the Stars and we watched Michael Jackson's "This is It" and "Sherlock Holmes." They also played Avatar.

The food was sub par- except for the Crown Grille. If you go on Princess make sure you pay the extra $25.00 to go to this restaurant. The fillet Mignon was wonderful and the Smores dessert was TO DIE FOR! The breakfast and lunch buffets left much to be desired. Cheeseburgers, pizza, and ice cream poolside were great. Sushi bar and International Cafe were also excellent. Our waiters in the dining room were very attentive!

The ship was clean and well maintenanced- oh except for the leak on disembarkment day on my deck which left the middle elevators not working and everyone on that deck with no running water!

Customs check out was a joke- the lines were incredibly long and we waited forever! The highlight of the cruise was the zip line in Roatan- if you ever go to Roatan make sure you go on this! $40 dollars well spent! Grand Caymen was nice as we were the only ship but it was Easter Monday and most stores were closed!

Overall I would cruise with Princess again- I really enjoy Caribbean Princess when I went two years ago. However a spring break cruise might be out of the question!

Publication Date: 04/16/10