Carnival Dream Cruise Review by sydney21701: Carnival Dream is a Nightmare

Carnival Dream is a Nightmare

Sail Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

The Nightmare....

- Due to power failure on ship, took 3 hours to get through embarkation.

- Foul Smell on Ship.

- Room was directly above Disco - Til 3 am every night - loud bass pounding.

- Room was also right above the outside smoking area and place for cigars. Could not enjoy outside deck due to smoke.

- Not enough public space. Could not get a deck chair. Worst chair hogging I have ever seen on any ship.

- We lost electricity several times during the cruise - twice when in shower with shampoon in hair. Not fun being in totally dark bathroom with no water.

- Could not find bar staff when needed - when you could - they would bring you wrong drink.

- I have been on some tacky ships before - this one takes the cake. The decor is over the top and too busy.

- Missed Belize due to "high winds". Later was informed by crew members that that was really not the case as we were behind a Princess ship in More Roaton and due to propeller issue, Princess ship could not leave and we were stuck behind them. We ended up another day at sea after still being in Roatan at 9 am next day. Instead of letting us enjoy another day in Roatan - we were stuck on ship with very poor planned events and again not free space on decks. 5 other ships were to be in Belize on that day - amazing the other 3 ships made it (princess and carvinal the two ships that did not make it).

- While I know Carnival will have more kids than most ships - this cruise had over 1200 kids and it was amazing how parents would let kids from 5 to 18 have free reign with no controls.

I will never sail Carnival again. I usually sail Princess and due to Carnival being so bad - this may influence me to not use Princess as well. Too bad Carnival does not know how to treat it is repeat customers very well. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Upper 6456

Too Noisy - above Disco and smoking lounge.