Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by JannaB4: LIFETIME MEMORIES

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

LIFETIME MEMORIES

Sail Date: April 2010

We flew in to Tampa via United Airlines. We were delayed by one hour on our first departure...so that messed alot of things up. We missed our connecting flight. (Rule #1...leave a day early! We are very glad we did!) We made it to Tampa but our luggage remained in Philadelphia! After much discussion with the United people, it was decided they would fly our luggage directly to Miami. We got to bed Friday night approximately 1:30 A.M. At 6:30, we called the airlines to find that our luggage is still in Philly. (Trip to Walmart for necessities...and a couple of outfits.) We did have our carry-ons. (Rule #2...bring as much as you can to hold you over for a couple of days in your carry-on! Remember, to pack your suit in there!) Went to Bealls and bought the things we might need because at 11:00 our luggage was no-where to be found. Upon arrival on the Liberty...no sign of our luggage. At 4:00...no luggage and we set sail. This was panic mode! We went to the desk and a lady at the desk, Ana More Sostar, was the most accommodating person ever! She helped us as much as she could. She gave us each a necessities bag and each of us a tee-shirt and some ship coupons. She also let us call the airlines. Our luggage was going to be shipped to our next port with an air-strip. Keep in mind...our first port of call was Half Moon Cay. No airstrip. We did not receive our luggage until Tuesday evening at St. Thomas! (Rule #3...always take out insurance just in case these kinds of things happen. We are certainly glad our insurance is going to reimburse us the costs of the items we had to buy.) Bottom line...we decided that on our next cruise, we will pack less! Never knew we could make it with less until now!

The cabin was wonderful and our room steward was great! We enjoyed his smiles and calling us by name. Our laundry was returned within a few hours...and since we needed it, it was a wonderful thing!

We had a fantastic dining room crew and our Maitre d' came to our table a couple of times. We enjoyed the dining room shows and our waiters tricks and mind reading! The silver dining room is breath taking and there isn't a bad view anywhere!

The shows were great. We especially enjoyed the hypnotist! The adult show was crazy but a lot of fun! The comedian was great, but if you want to see it just once, go to the late show...it is pretty much the same but a little racier during the late show. The dancers did a great show and the talent show was fun.

The casino was okay. If you don't order alcoholic drinks don't plan on getting anything to drink. You just go get it yourself! (Especially if its water!) The slot machine tournaments are fun...but for 20.00 you can play slots a lot longer!

The formal wear shop was easy to work with. (My husband had to rent a tux for the week due to the lost luggage!) It is $100.00 and with the coupon we were given, it was $80.00. The women's choices aren't many...I'd rather wear my own stuff. The only complaint was that the candy is in the Formal Shop and kids run in and out making it difficult at times since the shop is so small. There must be a better place to put the candy!

The picture taking on formal night was fun. Vladimir took some beautiful photos and we bought them. I highly recommend him.

Lastly, the ship video is fun to watch and we were on it several times and didn't realize it! We enjoyed watching it once we got home. It was 29.99 but they through in two extra videos. (A cooking one and a galley tour.)

I took my pictures to Walgreens and made a personal video for 19.99 but I would still buy the ship video again!

Ahhh...one last thought! We absolutely loved the Morning Show with Kyle and Noonan! It was the best show to watch! They cracked us up and they were informative as well as funny! My husband won a bottle of wine by answering a question. They also, acknowledge celebrations and other meaningful things! (My Grandfather was diagnosed with Cancer just prior to the trip and they sent him to the Spa for a massage.) It was a memory for him that brought him and us to tears! So, if you are on the Liberty, watch the Morning Show!

Embarkation and Debarkation was pretty simple. No major hassles! We were off the ship by 10:30! We had breakfast at 7:30 and picked up our luggage at 9 out of our cabins. We had no problem with customs and it was easy to locate our luggage! (And we had a lot of it this time!)

This was a fantastic cruise with a wonderful staff! We enjoyed the entire week! Our only problem, it went way to fast! Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Liberty Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Liberty Balcony Verandah 8327

Cabin 8327 was very nice. It had your basic balcony set-up and was connected to cabin 8331 on the balcony. We opened the doors since we had both cabins and it made a wonderful meeting area first thing in the morning. It was in a great location with a beautiful view. A bit of a walk from the elevators but not too bad. They put us in the Silver Dining Room which was odd considering we were closer to the Golden Olympian Restaurant. The only other cabin news would be the noise on the night of the deck party. They are directly above dancing the night away and you can hear the dancing and the moving of the chairs...but it wasn't horrible. All in all, this was a comfortable cabin and located centrally...with beautiful views!

Grand Turk was fun! If you enjoy people watching, this is a lot of fun! We were the first ship in and was able to get great seats in Margaritaville! We had time to walk around and shop before we went to Margaritaville. The people were wonderful...everyone seemed happy. They had men walking on stilts and a lot of fun things going on. We also walked the beach and it was beautiful! The entire day was great!

In Margaritaville, we participated in the games. My husband won one of the contests and I got the prize! (A very large pink Margaritaville cup filled up with with any drink of my choosing! A frozen Margarita of course!)

The booty shaking contest was crazy...but it was taped and included on the ships video! There was a 74 year old lady who joined the contest! She was great! He gave her prizes!

No one got out of hand and everyone appeared to have a lot of fun!

The view first thing in the morning was worth getting up extra early. It is absolutely breath-taking! I just couldn't believe how awesome the view was. It was very easy to get on and off the ship. There was a casino within walking distance. We felt very safe as we shopped and walked through town. We went into shops that were recommended by Carnival as well as others. Everyone was pleasant and happy. They will make deals with you. We had a drink at this wonderful outdoor restaurant and bar. It was beautiful! We visited the parks and walked through the streets that had the waterline view. We could see our ship and the picture taking places were numberless!

When we got off the ship there were many taxis offering tours for $15 - $25. We wished we would have taken a short tour. Some day we will go back and take a tour of the Forts.

The only mishap was in the casino. Here the machines went down two hours prior to our "be back on the ship time". After waiting one hour for our money, I just told them that they had ten minutes to get me and my family our money or they would have much written about them on Cruise Critic and none of it would be positive. The manager came up to me and quickly gave me and the 3 other members of my family our money. (Amazing how that worked!) They were very pleasant and we headed back to our ship!

I highly recommend this Port.

Read 1353 San Juan Reviews

Okay, let me say this...I don't care to ever go back to that Port again. Papa Bear from Air Force One Tours is the only thing that made that Port a nice visit. (By the way, if you go to St. Thomas...book your tour with Air Force 1, you won't regret it!) The tour was informational, beautiful and absolutely enjoyable and stress free! Papa Bear is easy to hear, understand and his prices are very reasonable.

After the tour, we went downtown...mistake number one. I wanted my hair braided...found a lady to braid my hair and she did a great job. (She is on the corner by the market and her stall is the center one!) However, the lady next to her got very angry at my husband because his chair was in her space by two inches. After the two ladies exchanged curse words and almost came to blows...my hair was finished and we quickly left the area.

We went shopping to find clothes...due to the lost luggage...no such luck...could not get receipts! So, after a few stores and feeling very uncomfortable...the people were not happy people...we decided to go back to the Liberty.

Got a taxi, he drove one block and picked up six people going to the Oasis of the Seas and kicked us off. (No charge of course!) Go figure! We then witnessed another cursing match between cab drivers. Into another cab we went. Finally back to Havensight, we were able to do shopping and get what we needed before boarding the ship.

Our recommendation, take the Air Force One Tour and go directly back to Havensight. DO NOT GO DOWNTOWN. (It didn't feel safe.)

Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews