Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by magnolia1972

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by magnolia1972
Norwegian Spirit
Cabin Category: BA
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

ROUGH FIRST CRUISE BUT I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!
This was my very first cruise and my husbands 20-something cruise although his first with NCL. I was excited and had done much research beforehand. I know how I can be on rides at theme parks so I had gone to my doctor and got a prescription for the Transderm patch to go behind my ear and keep me from becoming sea sick. I have to tell you, I think this may have made it worse.

We only live 6 hours from NOLA so we left out early Sunday morning and drove down. Check-in was a breeze. Within 45 minutes, we were on board having a light lunch and looking around the ship. Our luggage arrived at our room within 2 hours of boarding.

Before the sail-away party began, we were outside near the pool and I could start to feel sick. I could feel the boat moving before we ever left port. I quickly ran back to our room and applied the patch behind my ear. By the time we set sail, I was still queasy and was unable to eat. I was hoping to feel better by the next morning but that was not the case. I was sick the whole time I was on the ship and only felt better when in port off the ship.

My husband and I had a balcony room which was kinda small but our kids inside room across the hall seemed larger than ours. Our housekeepers were Judi and Budi. Both were wonderful and extremely friendly. They always greeted us by name.

As for the food, what I did eat was very good. We had dinner at Cagney's restaurant once and Le Bistro once. The food was wonderful and well worth the $25 per person charge. I hate that I wasn't able to eat much or keep much down. I'm not really a breakfast person but my husband and kids enjoyed their breakfasts and lunches in Raffles. My husband and I had dinner at Window's 2-3 times and really enjoyed it. The food on the ship was not bad at all. My kids loved the Blue Lagoon and it was great that it was open 24 hours.

The entertainment was great. The whole family loved Second City and Paul Scally is a great cruise director. I loved the husband and wife acrobats (sorry, I can't remember their names). They are wonderful and move so gracefully.

All in all, this was a good cruise. I just hate that I had motion sickness the whole time. My only complaint is the amount of rocking and swaying the ship did. I had heard but can't confirm that this ship is not equipped with stabilizers. I think this could be the reason for my constant motion sickness.

Publication Date: 04/13/10