Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by rosskeys88: Solid A (with the curve).

rosskeys88
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Solid A (with the curve).

Sail Date: March 2010

Good first:

Embarkation--quick and efficient; booked Aqua Class and we were among the first 50 to board.

Room (AQ 1557) excellent proximity to SPA, Persian Gardens, and RELAXATION ROOM. We found the relaxation room to be great when pulling into port.

Room shower was great! Loved the jets. Bed was firm, just okay. LOVED the balcony with overhang and it was a roomy, comfortable room experience.

BLU! This made our cruise; it was small, service I believe was a "step above." Smaller portions were welcomed--as everything was of high quality.

Solarium: we spent most of our time here; seemed undiscovered? Can't imagine why...we relaxed, read, slept, swam, hottubbed. Great quiet area to really let your guard down and enjoy the "peace" of the seas.

Persian Gardens: loved the heated loungers, steam room--never hard to access as I had read on other reviews.

Michael's Club: Excellent, relaxing, great music, great drinks. Decor More makes this place, and its tucked away near specialties (murano is next door).

Martini Bar: While I missed the intimacy of Martini on Century--this was quite nice and a favorite of our "cruise friends" Never too busy in the seated area and great service.

Labadee: surprised but this was perhaps the best part of the vacation; we relaxed at barefoot beach and scored a cabana with our new cruise friends.

Now...the "semi-bad"

Aqua Class amenities seam to be hit-or-miss depending on your attendant. We didn't recieve the bag, slippers, or AQ face spray, foot spray, etc.... We asked about it, and our attendant "played dumb" until we asked the head of hotel services. Further, our attendant left his "supplies" in our room one night. Apologized, but just seemed a bit "off." Oh...day 1 our attendant introduced himself "Hi I am _____ and I'm human and we make mistakes." Not the way to start off a cruise.

Entertainment...not so good; Circus show was the best and I would rate it C compared to a real cirque show. We new this going in...per other reviews so it wasn't a surprise.

Murano: We were so excited after our experience on Century; this Murano didn't compare. I excused myself from the table for a minute just as my entree arrived. When I returned my wife informed me that they were "keeping it warm for me" 10 minutes later, I finally got the attention of our waiter...who "would get it right away." 10 minutes more, he informed me that they would re-prepare it. 20 minutes later (40 minutes after my wife's entree arrived, which is now cold) I got my entree. "The Chef wanted to redo it so you could enjoy it at the right temp." Well....what about my wife? Had to ask for the cheese course. Just not worth it this time around.

Overall, great ship, not too big, and as far as spring break goes--yes, lots of kids, but no, not overwhelming. Pools outside were a bit more crazy mid-day...but hey...its spring break!

Loved this ship and will sail it again. Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>