Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by reneecarmel: For Better and For Worse

For Better and For Worse

Sail Date: March 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Picked up a Carribean Princess cruise out of San Juan, PR. First let me say that San Juan was breathtaking, and it made for some very beautiful photos. The embarkation process was smooth and we were able to get on board at noon. Dropped off our bags and spent the first day sight seeing in Old San Juan. Things have improved drastically in Old San Juan since my first (and only) cruise prior to this one 15 years ago which also sailed from San Juan.

I chose a Jr. Suite b/c we are three (2 adults and one 6 year old child). Definately better than a plain room, but there just wasn't enough space even for three people. We were on top of each other and there was no place to open the luggage or spread out. Also, you could not get ready in the bathroom once you showered b/c it was just too humid. The good news was there were two flat panel LCD's. The bad news was that the TV Programming was the worse, not even cartoons for kids. I wouldn't go again unless I had a full suite. More

Sailing was smooth. We sailed only at night until the last day which was entirely out at sea. The food was really very good; again, better than my experience 15 years ago (on Norwegian Seaward)and the Carribean Princess was noticibly smoother sailing than the Norwegian Seaward as well. My husband was seasick on our first cruise for the whole week and I for the first half. This Princess cruise ship definately had better stabilizers (or whatever applicable). The activity center for children was good, though I only used it the last day.

The pools were all overcrowded and too small. The ship was way too crowded, but I think they all are. There were more Puerto Rican citizens on board than anyone else, and according to several, they got extrememly good deals. Service was great. The one thing I did not care for was that if you didn't make it breakfast in the dining room by 9:00 a.m., you were shut out except for the buffet, and lunch was nothing but the buffet, and it was very over-crowded for both meals, no matter what time you got there. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>