“When can we go back? Can we stay forever?”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

cuti Oasis of the Seas 4 When can we go back? Can we stay forever?
cuti
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
From the minute we stepped on board, we had an amazing experience. We loved almost everything about the trip.

My twin daughters, 8 yrs old, wanted to know if they could stay on the cruise ship forever.

Since most reviews are written from an adult perspective, my daughters Ellie and Jenna are going to review our experiences here from a children's perspective.

Their favorite things were (not in order):

- Everything - Ice Cream (soft serve at the pool) - All the pools - especially the whirlpool that makes you move in circles, and the H2O zone, but also liked the sports and main pool and kid's area hot tub - Lots of sweets from breakfast through dessert - Rock Wall - Adventure Ocean - Carousel - Pets at Sea - Dolphin Excursion - Fun animal shaped towels every night on the bed - Sorrento's Pizza - St. Martin - picking sea shells on the beach - Aqua theater show - Hairspray - Dining room - ordering whatever they wanted + that the waiter knew what they liked and did not like by the 2nd night... - Donut shop - Cupcake place

The only things they did not like... waiting to get on the ship. It was not bad but they were not super patient. waiting to get off the ship - this did take a little while. They loved Adventure Ocean, but when they did the pirate show, the face paint was super hard to get off and it looked like they had black eyes for a day or so. And the thing they liked least (along with their parents) was the bagpipe player. Just not my thing - and to me it was annoying. I know others may like it.

Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Port
We went to the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter - this was the highlight of the trip and also the hardest on the wallet. Ouch! But it was a "once in a lifetime" experience - as their bracelets showing you are on the excursion say. And I know why... Since money is not a kid issue, they enjoyed it for what it was, getting in water with the dolphins. And they LOVED IT!

Once we went to the straw market and other stores near the ship, they said the only part of the Bahamas that they liked were the dolphins.

Read 4,119 Nassau Reviews
Loved it. They loved the water taxi, the beach with lots of shells, getting their hair braided, etc. Beautiful place. They were amused by the straw market area (assume that is what it is called), and they loved the beach here.

I loved the jewelry stores. They wished I did not go in them :)

Read 3,325 St. Maarten Reviews
Port
Beautiful beaches, but as 8 year old kids, they did not like that the beaches we went to were clear of shells. They wanted to collect sea shells...

Also the taxi drivers getting to the beach - well - it was almost like a roller coaster. They thought it was fun - but I thought it was scary.

Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 04/13/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Oasis of the Seas Review
Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?