Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by music&cruises

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by music&cruises
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: music&cruises
Cruise Date: March 2010
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: CC
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Like a 2nd Honeymoon!
Against so many people's advice, we flew to & from San Juan on the day of embarkation & disembarkation. This went seamlessly! Embarkation & disembarkation were both so speedy and easy. We purchased transfers for the first time, and that mostly went well. Finding the transfers was a little challenging when we arrived in San Juan initially, then it was very challenging when getting off of the boat at the end of the trip. You had to walk through a whole bunch of people to find the transfers--there weren't any signs directing you where to go so you were just blindly looking for anything related to transfers. Oh well, it all worked out okay. Our luggage went on a separate truck when we arrived around 330pm, then it didn't show up at our room until 815pm (15 minutes before we left port!). We weren't too thrilled with the wait for luggage, but at least it did show up.

We thought the service was wonderful. Our cabin attendant especially did a great job! My husband surprised me with an upgrade to Concierge Class, and I really liked that. No surprise! The extra space in the cabin from the regular outside veranda cabins was nice, and the extra little touches like fresh flowers & fruit, appetizers at 3pm, nicer towels & toiletry products, were all very nice.

7 ports and 2 sea days is very tiring. It was very fun to see all of the ports, but if you really like sea days, this may not be the best itinerary for you. By the 5th day in a row of ports, no one wanted to get out of bed! We loved seeing all the ports though and would do it again since we pick our cruises mostly for the ports. It was a wonderful mix of ports.

The ship was nice. It wasn't amazing or anything, but it was nice. I had expected a little more grandeur from the Grand Staircase & the glass elevators they way they promote them, but I just didn't find that they were all that amazing. Still, it was a very pretty ship, and I enjoyed all of the artwork around. My favorite part of Millenium is The Conservatory. What a beautiful place, and it's so unlike any other ship I've been on. It was a real highlight! I also liked the cinema on board for watching movies.

As far as entertainment, the Celebrity Dancers, Singers & Orchestra were wonderful! We went to the main show every night except 1, and I enjoyed all of them. I find that even if it's not really "my thing" that I always learn & end up enjoying what's provided. The 1 night I missed was the magician, and everyone was complaining about that night. The other entertainment on board seemed not quite as good as other cruises to me.

The dining was good. We had a wonderful Easter brunch on Sunday! They had ice sculptures of bunnies, chickens, etc., and melon carvings of bunnies, baskets, etc. I really appreciated that they had Palm Sunday & Easter worship services on board. They even had the Easter Bunny come for the children & do an egg hunt! I had thought they'd skip right over Easter like it didn't exist, so I appreciated that they recognized that it's an important holiday to some of us & planned accordingly. Back to the food...the food in the evening was rather limited in my opinion. Most other ships I've been on have much more choice at night. This was "eat in the main dining room" or your choice upstairs of pizza, pasta, sushi or stir-fry. That was fine for a night, but if you like eating casual often, you'd be pretty tired of it after a few nights.

We really enjoyed the mix of people on this ship. There were lots of northern USA-ers, as well as folks from Europe and Canada. We're from Texas, and we only met 4 other Southerners. It made for interesting people to talk with no matter where you were, and everyone was very friendly.

We thoroughly enjoyed this cruise, and we would highly recommend it!

Publication Date: 04/12/10