“PAMPERED FOR 10 GLORIOUS DAYS!!!!”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

ABACOLADY Ruby Princess 5 PAMPERED FOR 10 GLORIOUS DAYS!!!!
ABACOLADY
Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Travelling with my twin sister, brother-in-law and husband for many special occasions - B'days, 40th Wedding Anniversary and my retirement after 43 years of Nursing. My twin and I chose the 2 PS on Caribe deck on the aft of the ship and couldn't have made a better choice. The suites lived up to our every expectation, were not overlooked, and served as our private sanctuary for the duration of the cruise. The partition between the 2 suites was left open by our wonderful cabin steward (Kittimasak) who couldn't have been more helpful and attentive.

Embarkation was a breeze having parked our car at Park N Fly (highly recommended) since we didn't leave from Pier 2, rather, Pier 25. We did not partake in many of the cruise activities (our choice) but did have dinner on the balcony one night (well worth the extra - very attentive waiters). We also ate at Sabatini's and The Crown Grill - excellent choices. We had anytime dining in the dining rooms and both dining rooms were beautifully maintained (the tables were not crowded together as they are on "other" lines). Others on Cruise Critic have expounded on the ports & shore excusions - we did get to Princess Cays (Eleuthera)(didn't get off the ship), St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Cauacao, and Aruba - my two favorites being Dominica (for its quaintness) and Grenada (for the Rhum Boat cruise - lots of fun).

Disembarkation was a breeze - we headed to the Fusion Lounge as Suite passengers and waited for our color to be called. I did forget to mention that we had room service breakfast (extended menu for suite passengers) on our balcony every morning which was the highlight of our day. GREAT!!! All 4 of us have agreed that this was our best cruise ever and after having had a luxurious suite, could never go back to "other" accomodations on future cruises.

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

PSC549
We were in C-549. My sister was in C-551. The suites were gorgeous - the closet and drawers wee more than adequate. The bathroom was spectacular. The balconies were very private - not overlooked from above or below - spacious. Our rooms were not noisy.

Port
Rented a car and drove from one end of the island to the other - swam at Baby Beach after having some difficulty finding it. Would I go back to Aruba - probably not.

Read 989 Aruba Reviews
Port
Took the trolley tour - it was OK. You did get to see the town of Curacao. Would I go back - no.

Read 702 Curacao Reviews
Port
Loved the quaint little town and market. Didn't do a tour which I'm sorry for now.

Read 604 Dominica Reviews
Port
Highly recommend the Rhum boat cruise and the day at the beach. Great steel band on board, lots of Rum punch, dancing, and a wonderful swim.

Read 482 Grenada Reviews
Published 04/12/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Ruby Princess Review
Ruby Princess Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?