Ruby Princess Cruise Review by ABACOLADY: PAMPERED FOR 10 GLORIOUS DAYS!!!!

ABACOLADY
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Southern Caribbean Cruises

PAMPERED FOR 10 GLORIOUS DAYS!!!!

Sail Date: March 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean

Travelling with my twin sister, brother-in-law and husband for many special occasions - B'days, 40th Wedding Anniversary and my retirement after 43 years of Nursing. My twin and I chose the 2 PS on Caribe deck on the aft of the ship and couldn't have made a better choice. The suites lived up to our every expectation, were not overlooked, and served as our private sanctuary for the duration of the cruise. The partition between the 2 suites was left open by our wonderful cabin steward (Kittimasak) who couldn't have been more helpful and attentive.

Embarkation was a breeze having parked our car at Park N Fly (highly recommended) since we didn't leave from Pier 2, rather, Pier 25. We did not partake in many of the cruise activities (our choice) but did have dinner on the balcony one night (well worth the extra - very attentive waiters). We also ate at Sabatini's and The Crown Grill - excellent choices. We had anytime dining in the dining rooms and both dining rooms were More beautifully maintained (the tables were not crowded together as they are on "other" lines). Others on Cruise Critic have expounded on the ports & shore excusions - we did get to Princess Cays (Eleuthera)(didn't get off the ship), St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Cauacao, and Aruba - my two favorites being Dominica (for its quaintness) and Grenada (for the Rhum Boat cruise - lots of fun).

Disembarkation was a breeze - we headed to the Fusion Lounge as Suite passengers and waited for our color to be called. I did forget to mention that we had room service breakfast (extended menu for suite passengers) on our balcony every morning which was the highlight of our day. GREAT!!! All 4 of us have agreed that this was our best cruise ever and after having had a luxurious suite, could never go back to "other" accomodations on future cruises. Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Suite with Balcony Aloha Deck C549

We were in C-549. My sister was in C-551. The suites were gorgeous - the closet and drawers wee more than adequate. The bathroom was spectacular. The balconies were very private - not overlooked from above or below - spacious. Our rooms were not noisy.

Rented a car and drove from one end of the island to the other - swam at Baby Beach after having some difficulty finding it. Would I go back to Aruba - probably not.

Read 681 Aruba Reviews

Took the trolley tour - it was OK. You did get to see the town of Curacao. Would I go back - no.

Read 501 Curacao Reviews

Loved the quaint little town and market. Didn't do a tour which I'm sorry for now.

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

Highly recommend the Rhum boat cruise and the day at the beach. Great steel band on board, lots of Rum punch, dancing, and a wonderful swim.

Read 355 Grenada Reviews

St. Thomas had too many cruise ships in the port the day that we were there. Too crowded.

Read 2322 St. Thomas Reviews