Carnival Dream Cruise Review by jcrand01

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
        3-6 5.0
        7-9 5.0

Beautiful but Stinky
To start off, I have cruised over 20 cruises in the Caribbean. Carnival has yet to figure out the Embarkation process. Their website has made improvements since 2007 when I last set sail with them, but their embarkation is still what I would call disorganized and shottie at best.

1)Website for Embarkation: Did the CEO's nephew that used to work at Staples part time design this website? Once you book your cruise and you establish a login, the website is clunky and looks like something that was designed by a college kid with a few hours of HTML experience. Probably one of the worst large corprate websites I've used! Didn't work well with Windows 7 64 bit either...had to switch computers to get my Adobe PDF document to even print. Then when it did print...it didn't print a "FUN PASS"...instead it printed a bunch of stuff all mixed together, like my cabin, and my excursions, and luggage tags...nice move with print your own luggage tags..I spent $2500 on a cruise and you can't mail me some REAL laugage tages...instead I have to learn origami with my laser printer....nice.

2)Embarkation Review: 1 STAR....Carnival calls ahead and asks me to be at the Port at 10:30AM...that's great. Okay, so I do show up with their paperwork that their Website printed...OH SIR...This isn't a "FUN PASS" Nice...Anyway I have my passports, laugage marked and everything the asked me to print. First problem...The credit card I used to sign up on the website, is NOT the card I've decided to use to bill my cabin too. SORRY SIR, that can't be changed until you're on the ship. Then I'm given a red paper that says ZONE 9 and asked to STAND, not sit in a group of 2000 people for 1.5 hours while they call Zone numbers to get us on board. Then finally, at 12:30 I'm on the ship (2 HOURS!) They then say, sorry, but your room won't be ready for another 1 hour. Carnival. This is just bad. Come on. It should take less then 20 minutes to get me checked in and on the boat. I was ready with my stuff...how come you were not?

3)Staff and Admmenities Awesome ship, Super Friendly Staff. Need more bar tenders when the ship sets sale. Very clean, very fun.

4)The Funk: The entire cruise smells like someone just farted! I'm not kidding either. I went with three couples. All the rooms smelled like POOP! YUCK what a way to walk into your 2K room....with the oder of POOP! The oder is EVERYWHERE on this ship. It's just disgusting! I do mean everywhere. People were laughing at us because we called it the Poop Deck. One minute the hall smells fine...and the next...HOLY ENCHALADS BATMAN!!! It's really rank.

5)Disembarkation: A DREAM!!! 5 STARS Carnival. That was the best I have ever seen you do. They didn't wake me up at 6AM with someone droaning in poor english in my stateroom and order me onto some deck with no food to sit 3 hours while they called colored tags for hours on end like they have on every trip I've ever sailed with Carnival. NO...WOW Carnival FINALLY gets it right, instead they did the typical set your bags out in the hallway the night before with numbered tags. My number was #29. I slept in until 8:30, went to deck 10 and had a nice FULL breakfast and then just walked off the ship! No line for the first time ever! WOW Carnival. Big time Props! Thank you for finally listening!

Publication Date: 04/12/10