Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by BalconyBreeze

Destination: Bahamas
        Under 3 1.0
        3-6 1.0

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
No Black Clouds hanging over the SKY!!!!
I would say that for the past 4 months, I became glued to Cruise Critic, reading up on everything I could find out about the SKY, special needs diets, and things to do in the Bahamas. Thank you to all that answered and steering me in the right direction, as we really enjoyed this trip.

I was worried, after reading many of the member reviews......and throughout my vacation....I thought about what I would share....so here it is:

I have been on the Jewel.....so...needless to say the Sky is older and may not have all of the bells and whistles, but you know what...it's still a very nice ship. The staff is incredible. If there was one area that stood out, it was the friendliness of the the crew. Of course it never hurts to have calm seas and sunny skies. (Let's be honest...that does factor into the experience).

The cabin - CC didn't lie here - that sucker was small - but amazingly my family of 4 is still smiling and made the most of the tight quarters. We had an oceanview 0063, with a picture window. I will advise anyone travelling with 4 in their party, to really try and limit what you pack. There really is not a lot of room for storage, thus the term living out of our suitcases, became our reality.

The food - I would say the Garden Cafe on the Jewel was much better.....I am sure the food is the same - It's just the layout on the Sky is smaller, more of a buffet line, with stations. Breakfast was always great and there is a place to eat on the back of the ship - The Great Aft (I think)???? The main dining rooms were fine..........the food was always good....not spectacular....but again...the staff makes you feel special (the Royal Cruise treatment). We also ate at Longboards a few times...Great wings....chicken fingers (It's a sports bar - very nice).

The ship - The ship is extremely clean. The only signs of wear and tear were in my cabin - carpet - and bathroom drain.

Last tip to share....make sure you DOUBLE CHECK that you have everything before you walk out of customs when Disembarking!!!! I made the mistake of forgetting our stroller - I figured I could just show them my card and get it real fast - Oh no! We had to wait an hour and a half - I understand that it's due to safety reasons, but their policy is that everyone must be off the ship and then you may go look and see what's left. Wow!!! Lesson learned - I hope this can save someone else. One poor guy left is wallet and other personal items in the safe!!!! I think he ended up missing his flight. Of course, I will blame this on the fact that my brain was fried from travelling with two little ones! :)

If you are going on the SKY - You will not be disappointed!!! Cruises are the GREATEST ESCAPE! :)

Publication Date: 04/11/10