Celebrity Century Cruise Review by coachw: Great Spring Break Trip!

coachw
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Century Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Spring Break Trip!

Sail Date: April 2010

Embarkation was simple and easy as it was my first time leaving from Miami! We were on the ship in about 20 minutes or so. We arrived at around 1pm. We were escorted to our to our room by an attendent and they did have champagne upon entering the ship. Of course we had to do the safety drill which was short and painless and as everyone is saying you dont have to take the life jackets wiht u anymore.

The first day we went to lunch and had a nice lunch. We (I was on the trip with my cousin and co-workers) went to the casino and went to the show. The show was a sampling of all the entertainers for the week. The room was nice, we had an L shaped room and seemed to be a little bit bigger than the other rooms. Had a flat screen TV and the other amenities were like all other ships. They had a tote bag for your use in the room that people took with them at the end of the cruise. The second day was our sea day. Just hit the casino and relaxed mostly. I dont lay out so that doesn't More excite me. This was also our formal night. The dinner was ice. We took pictures and was quicker than i had remember on other ships. The foood was good and came quickly. We had the celebrity select dining. We waited about 15 minutes to geta table. We went to the show and the captains toast. Again they had wine champagne and soda pop if you didn't drink. The show was nice and was called a Touch of Broadway and featured various songs from Broadway shows.

The next day was our first port Ochos Rios Jamaica. The weather was perfect and it was very nice. There werent many ships in the port either. We did the Dunns river falls and ochos rios highlights tour which included driving up a long road through the rainforest. lol Dunns Rivers Falls was nice and I did go all the way up to the top. There was high pressure sales people all over the place. We then went to Taj Mahal shopping center which was a nice place to get cheap souvenirs. Went to the Comedian on board that night Louis Johnson. He was excellent! If you are there I recommend you go to it.

The next day was our second port. Grand Cayman. It was beautiful. I would love ot spend more time there. We went to the Stingray Sandbar tour. I really enjoyed it. It was crowded though as there were six ships in port that day. ONce we finished the tour i decided to go back to the ship. I went to the Main dining room this night too and enjoyed it. Afterwards went to the comedian i cant remember his name but he was good also. Also went to the dessert buffet. I tried some differnt things. The last day was a sea day. I spent this day just going to the casino all day. I really enjoyed it. I learned to play roulette on this trip. I went to Louis Johnsons adult only show.

The next day was debarkation day. This was the easiest i've been off the ship. I was off in 10 minutes. I really enjoyed this trip and ship. Contrary to a lot of reviews the ship didn't appear worn to me and the service was good. The only thing i had a problem with was the fact that if you didn't go to the main dining hall your options were limited in the buffet. I also did use room service multiple times and they were pretty quick and the food was good. Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Century Oceanview Stateroom Continental Deck (4) 4125

Our room seemed a little bigger than the other rooms that I saw on the boat. The beds were comfy the Flat screen was a little larger than the ones ive seen before. It is right by the elevator which iwas nice. I did hear noise from time to time as my room was beneath the dining hall.

I loved it. It was very beautiful I went to the Stingray sandbar and really enjoyed it and did some snorkeling in that area. I didn't do much else because there were 6 ships in port today and it was very crowded. After my excursion i decided to go back to the cruise ship.

It was very nice and pretty. The sales people were very pushy. I was asked to buy weed more than once. Dunns River Falls was very nice and was very croweded because their students were on spring break also.