Carnival Valor Cruise Review by tracey7777: Great Ports, Great Fun, Great Ship, Great Crew

tracey7777
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Ports, Great Fun, Great Ship, Great Crew

Sail Date: March 2010

This was our fourth cruise sailing previously on Carnival, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean. We are an activity based family enjoying adventures and seeing the world - we had a wonderful trip. The crew of the Valor were the best we've had and it made our trip special. The crew even received a standing ovation from the theatre during the disembarkation procedure session at the end of the cruise. It was impressive to see that so many people were happy with their service.

Getting on the boat was easy and quick. Getting off was a little more difficult and we waiting in line for some time, but that holdup was due to customs. Taxis were readily accessible and we didn't have to wait at all for them. The charge was $24 from Miami International to the boat for the ride. We were back at the airport by 11:00 am.

The food was very good and plenty. We ate in the dining room every night and had excellent service from our waiters and especially our cocktail waitress. She was from More Thailand, we had such nice conversations, and she really made my kids feel special. I think the dress codes were extremely appropriate and two nights was plenty for us to dress up. Heck, we're on vacation!

Our favorite employee on the ship was Christine from Karaoke. My daughter who is nine is quite the singer and she made all the kids that came up to sing feel so important. We were with her almost every night and my daughter became her "superstar". She made my daughter feel so important and her singing really got better by the end of the trip.

The cruise director, Big Tex, was so funny and we really enjoyed him. He made us laugh so much and he really seemed down to earth. He was my favorite cruise director of all our cruises. He kept us well informed, but we really had a good time with his direction.

The shows were very good - especially the 80's night. My son who's 15 even enjoyed them - who would think he'd go for that? The marriage game show was a hoot and we laughed our butts off (Big Tex again too.)

Thank you Carnival for a wonderful trip. PS - you still have a hold on some funds on my debit card! Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Oceanview Main 2289

We had an interior room with pull down bunks for the two kids. It was a little tight, but ok for as much as we were there.

We booked a tour with Cave-tubing.com and they were very nice people. They took very good care of us and even gave us a tour through Belize City. It is very important to the people of Belize that the tourist business does well - the average person only makes $1.50 an hour. Carnival did let their excursions get off the boat first, but I am glad that we took the cave-tubing.com tour and the price was significantly less. They even gave us free Cashew wine! They really cared about our experience.

We had a wonderful day in Cozumel and rented a dune buggy. First we walked around and shopped downtown (3 miles away-take a taxi), rode a horse buggy back to the dock, and then ate fish tacos at Three Amigos which were absolutely delicious. We then rented the dune buggy for $69 and drove ourselves around the island. We stopped at a few beaches and continued on our way. We were looking for the ruins, but got lost instead. We ended up in some neighborhoods trying to find our way back to the boat. People kept pointing the way back to the ship. All in all, we had a fun day.

Read 3122 Cozumel Reviews

We booked an excursion with Island Marketing for the Buccaneer Catamaran Stingray trip. It was very good and swimming the the stingrays was one of our favorite days. The snorkeling was very good too with lots of fish. The crew were very accommodating and held the stingrays while we played with them. They gave us squid to bait them. We were not afraid whatsoever including my nine year old daughter. I got a new underwater camera and video - Kodak Playsport and got some good videos and pictures. We came into Spots Bay because we couldn't dock at Georgetown due to waves. Getting back on the ship via the tenders took a long time, but we were running late so they let us up in line as there were other boats there too. If you go to Spots Bay instead, don't worry, the excursions will find you there.

(5.5)
This was a great day and we used Victor Bodden for his Zip and Dip Tour. It was the kid's favorite and my husband and I had fun zip-lining too. Our tour guide, Victor's brother, was very accomodating and gave us a great tour of the island. What a beautiful place it is. We had lunch at the beach and it was very relaxing and delicious. Be prepared for the sun - the temperature isn't that hot, but the sun is very strong. We played with the monkeys too and really had a fun day.

Read 1650 Roatan Reviews