Carnival Valor Cruise Review by tracey7777

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Ports, Great Fun, Great Ship, Great Crew
This was our fourth cruise sailing previously on Carnival, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean. We are an activity based family enjoying adventures and seeing the world - we had a wonderful trip. The crew of the Valor were the best we've had and it made our trip special. The crew even received a standing ovation from the theatre during the disembarkation procedure session at the end of the cruise. It was impressive to see that so many people were happy with their service.

Getting on the boat was easy and quick. Getting off was a little more difficult and we waiting in line for some time, but that holdup was due to customs. Taxis were readily accessible and we didn't have to wait at all for them. The charge was $24 from Miami International to the boat for the ride. We were back at the airport by 11:00 am.

The food was very good and plenty. We ate in the dining room every night and had excellent service from our waiters and especially our cocktail waitress. She was from Thailand, we had such nice conversations, and she really made my kids feel special. I think the dress codes were extremely appropriate and two nights was plenty for us to dress up. Heck, we're on vacation!

Our favorite employee on the ship was Christine from Karaoke. My daughter who is nine is quite the singer and she made all the kids that came up to sing feel so important. We were with her almost every night and my daughter became her "superstar". She made my daughter feel so important and her singing really got better by the end of the trip.

The cruise director, Big Tex, was so funny and we really enjoyed him. He made us laugh so much and he really seemed down to earth. He was my favorite cruise director of all our cruises. He kept us well informed, but we really had a good time with his direction.

The shows were very good - especially the 80's night. My son who's 15 even enjoyed them - who would think he'd go for that? The marriage game show was a hoot and we laughed our butts off (Big Tex again too.)

Thank you Carnival for a wonderful trip. PS - you still have a hold on some funds on my debit card!

Publication Date: 04/09/10