Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by arlutz0527: Solstice - Great Ship, you can forget the Neg Reviews

arlutz0527
Member Since 2003

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Solstice - Great Ship, you can forget the Neg Reviews

Sail Date: March 2010

After Reading a lot of the negative reviews on the Solstice I was thinking that Celebrity had built a ship larger than their past service levels could provide. Well, I can assure you that this isn't true. I've sailed all 4 Millie class ships and this ship was just as clean, the crew was just as friendly, nobody was complaining about the drink packages (I had the beer), the food was top end restaurant quality or better, did not feel crowded, chairs available on sea days, plenty of good activities and good shows.

The new stateroom design with the extra room a the foot of the beds was an excellent idea. Made moving around the cabin much easier. The bathroom was excellent with plenty of storage room. Two things I would change. The sink is a little to small and add a handheld shower head. As always the rooms were kept clean and neat with the Celebrity attendants (Yolanda and Adel) doing their jobs and not interfering with out vacation.

We dined in the MDR assigned More sitting (8:30). This was family cruise so there were 8 of us at the table. Everyone enjoyed the meals with only a few cases of rare beef being slightly overcooked. Although the large lobster tail dinner is gone and replaced with smaller tail plus shrimp and scallops out waiter provided anyone who wanted extra tails. No more Baked Alaska parade due to fire regulations but the did a waiter parade which was just as much fun. The Baked Alaska was on the menu but it was a different recipe and we were all disappointed since it was more custard like than the traditional recipe. That aside the service (Lou and Adel) and were up to Celebrity standards.

Out group did the beer and liquor packages and were quite pleased. None of the complaining about tips I've read about. Want to commend Celebrity on the beer selection much better than previous cruises. Dogfish, I would have never expected that!

We cruise for the ship so the ports are an after thought. The highlight was the snorkel trip to the Virgin Gorda. My whole family went so it was extra special for us.

Overall, great cruise Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Continental Deck (6) 8299