MSC Poesia Cruise Review by deetine

MSC Poesia
Member Name: deetine
Cruise Date: February 2010
Cabin Category: o/s
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
        7-9 1.0

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Put Italian & Indonesian staff together & result is chaos!!
The cruise was to celebrate my 65th birthday with my husband, daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter. We thought a cruise would suit us all, sadly it suited none of us!!

When booking we were advised 1st dining was at 6.30 p.m. - great for our granddaughter. When the paperwork arrived it stated 7 p.m. dining - still no problem. Our cabin stewart, who was very good, advised as he introduced himself that 1st dining was actually 5.30 p.m. Who wants to eat at that time on holiday - not even time to get back from trips, shower and arrived refreshed!! The Italian metre' d'hotel did not want to know about changing our sitting time. Not one evening did we all receive the same course of meal at the same time, in fact one evening I even got my main course before my starter - chaos or what.

Admittedly the cruise ship could do nothing about the weather, but when they have to anchor at an alternative port I do really think a courtesy coach should be laid on to the expected port of call - it cost us US$90 in additional transportation costs.

We were all appalled that at the children's club (our granddaughter is 9 years of age) the children were allowed to wander in and out willy-nilly - no booking in our out. We did not feel that this was a safe environment to leave a child.

Seated breakfast was not relaxing - this waiter only did juice, that waiter only did coffee (not tea) and you were lucky if you got what you had actually ordered.

I have written directly to MSC regarding our comments, in fact lots of people on the cruise said they were going home to do the same. To-date I have at least got an acknowledgement saying they would look into the matter for us, but that is all and that is really all I can expect of them - they do not care too much about their passengers. Italian throw your arms in the air - its all too much trouble for you.

No port information was available before embarking - we were told we could pick up literature on ports of call once we went ashore. There were maps to look at at reception but none for passengers use!! The only information we were given was on trips - which are not always necessary as its usually cheaper, especially when in a group, to organise a taxi oneself.

To crown it all I picked up a tummy bug on the Thrusday before we were due to disembark on the Saturday - did not eat anything from Thrs - Sat. Had only eaten on the ship up until that point - where did I get the tummy bug!!

I could not recommend using MSC Cruising to anyone.

Publication Date: 04/09/10