“My Costa cruise was awesome and i'm not kidding!!!”
Cruise review of Costa Atlantica

Redsox74 Costa Atlantica 5 My Costa cruise was awesome and i'm not kidding!!!
Redsox74
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I just had to respond to the previous post. I don't know what cruise she was on but it was definitely not the Costa Atlantic! My wife and I have been on 7 cruises and this one was right up there at the top. This was our first Costa Cruise.

Embarkation was a breeze. To entering the port, parking the car, checking in and boarding. It took less the 45 Min's!

Our balcony was right at the back of the ship! What a great view! We got our bags less than 2hours after boarding and we boarded at 2pm, the ship didn't leave until 7pm!

The ship is beautiful and clean and its easy to find your way around. The staff were helpful, polite and always available.

We had 2nd seating for dinner and dining room temp was normal, i have no idea what the previous poster is talking about!! Very strange. Maybe was she in the boiler room with the engineers for dinner!!! Service in the dining room was superb and yes i got my glass of water refilled over and over again. Food was on par to other cruise lines however we never got lobster! BTW in the buffet area there was plenty of ice cream with LARGE SPOONS! lol

Her comment about the languages shows complete ignorance and does not merit a reply.

The shows were great, just as good as any Carnival, Royal or NCL we have been on.

We enjoyed the international flair on board. We made friends with Germans, Italians, Portuguese and a couple from Brazil!!

Overall we had a marvelous cruise and i would highly recommend the Costa Atlantic.

Overall Ratings
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Port
Visited the straw-market and took a taxi over to Atlantis. The beach was crowded!

Read 4,116 Nassau Reviews
Port
Rainforest Excursion. Very long bus ride (nearly an hour), our driver was from Jersey!, he was very loud and obnoxious. Very boring excursion and a waste of money. DO NOT TAKE.

We got back to San Juan around 2pm so we just over an hour to see the Fort and old San Juan.

Read 2,274 San Juan Reviews
Port
We took the 'Ulitmate St Thomas Experience' excursion. We visited Megans Bay, Blackbeards Castle. Very good excursion and the rum was an added bonus.

Read 3,412 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 04/06/10
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Atlantica Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?