Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by cowboyfans_in_NC: Great Cruise with Minor Adjustments Needed

cowboyfans_in_NC
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 1.7

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Cruise with Minor Adjustments Needed

Sail Date: March 2010

My husband & I decided to take our children (ages 10,12,14,15,16) on a cruise for spring break. This was the 3rd cruise on Carnival for my husband and I...the 2nd cruise for the children.

We flew to Ft.Lauderdale the day before our ship was to leave. We stayed at the Airport Holiday Inn Express and they drove us to the airport the next morning. The embarkation process was very smooth and the children was able to enjoy a nice lunch on the Lido. Our floor steward was absolutely the best and our room was always cleaned.

My 10yr old went to Camp Carnival everyday and I was very surprised and pleased at the amount og activities that they had for the children. My 14-16 yr old went to Club O2 every day and they seem to love it.

There were several issues that I had with the cruise 1) I wish that there was more American food aboard other than hamburger/hotdogs. That became very boring and my family did not eat much (we tried different foods but threw it away) 2)my More husband & I like to go to the casino but cannot tolerate the smoke. I wish they had designated times to smoke in the casino and times that they cannot. I believe that everyone who would like to should be able to have fun in the casino but not be subjected to 2nd-hand smoke.

The embarkation process was smooth and overall we had a good time. We are looking into crusing with another cruise line to have something to compare Carnival to. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>