Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by dutchlove20

Member Name: dutchlove20
Cruise Date: March 2010
Cabin Category: 4A

Ok cruise
This was our first Carnival cruise lines cruise. And I hate to say it but probably last. Ok before I begin the following.....What can I expect for $600 on a week long cruise? Right....not the upper line of food and entertainment so no complaints there. But I do have some issues that I don't expect no matter the price. When we got to our cabin (which was nice and roomy) my 14 year old son found within 5 minutes a "pot (weed)pipe" on the floor(not in a hidden corner but right next to the bed!!!) with some ashes left in it!!!!! YIKES!. Then I opened my bed and found several long black hairs IN the bed on on my (worn fabric) pillow. Those 2 things were grossing me out and I got clean sheets but still....not a great start. That was enough to have me look for things the rest of the week which I normally don't do (and yes I did come across a dirty plate and some dirty silverware.....which happens ..but in addition to the cabin issues it were just too many bad things). I understand that it's hard to keep all spotless with so many people but those 2 things are NOT good.

But I'm not a picky person and didn't want to ruin our vacation so tried to forget about it asap.

Food.....It was fine for what we paid. Actually I thought the dinners at night were not bad at all. I skipped the buffets all together this time just because it was a full ship (spring break so I knew this when we booked the cruise) and the buffets were just too busy and crowded with tons of people. So for breakfast we did the dining room which we really enjoyed. We met some very nice people during breakfast. "Fish and chips" was tasting very good but oh so bad for you but oh well it's vacation. The sushi bar was open from around 5:30 pm to 8 ish I think and it was pretty good. You got 3 pieces per plate (no charge)

Entertainment I skipped most of it just because I was not very impressed...but again...it was a cheap cruise so I can't complain really. I was not a huge fan of "Noonan" the cruise director but that's a personal opnion and not of huge importance to me . Plenty of people liked him a lot.

Beverage service....good wine packages and normal priced cocktails. The service on the decks was not the best. It was ok around the pool but if you were sitting slightly away from the pool they didn't come by very often (I've been on 3 other cruises where this was always very well taken care of without being too much)

getting on and of the ship....no problems at all

ports...as expected....no problems

carnival "the fun cruise line".....to be honest...I had way more fun at the other cruises and there was just more and better entertainment...

overall.....I wanted a week away from home to relax with decent food for not too much $$$ And I got that.The weather was GREAT all week but I was thinking if we would have had rainy days this was not the ship I would have liked to be on. We wanted to try Carnival but it was just hard to overcome the cabin issues we had at arrival.

Next cruise I'll rather pay more to do a more "upscale" cruise. Even then things may not be perfect but i never had issues like this on any ship!

Publication Date: 04/05/10