Silver Spirit Cruise Review by octubre29@hotmail.com: A baffling design but great experience

octubre29@hotmail.com
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Silver Spirit Mexican Riviera Cruises

A baffling design but great experience

Sail Date: February 2010
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Acapulco

My partner and I booked this cruise just because it's new and did not care about the ports of call. This was my third Silversea and I do not want to elaborate too much on what is to me obvious regarding the service. On this point it will always be a guarantee. I would like to highlight instead the good and not so good features and design aspects of the ship. Even though its head and shoulders better than all the other vessels in the fleet it's still baffling why they choose certain things.

WHAT II'L BE RAVING ABOUT:two TV's both behind glass so when you turn them off it just become a mirror,new interactive entertainment system,deck chairs with ottomans,butlers,service and food in general.

WHAT II'L BE FUMING ABOUT: wasted areas, bland boring design and decor,one sink instead of two,no deck chair with shade on main pool, no additional hot tubs away from main pool.

Truth is that I just want to post a review to keep the ball rolling and support online More communities but honestly none of the issues would stop me from sailing on Silversea, there are very few instances where you could possibly get better service. These people don't know the word no.

On the other hand it is infuriating that they can make so many wrong choices when they get the chance to design a ship from a blank slate. Seabourn did a much better job in designing their new Odyssey/Sojourn ships. But at any rate most people wished they had the opportunity to sail once on any of Silversea's ships. Less

Read more Silver Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Silver Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Silver Spirit Veranda Suite Deck Five 906

My cabin was 906 and I specially chose it because there would be low foot traffic being far from elevators. We loved the fact that it was on the same level than the pool deck so access was a breeze.Large closet with plenty of space although space between bed and wall was diminished due to the bulkiness of the new tv's and entertainment system. Bed are tall and comfy and bathroom is great although diminished by the reduction to one basin. Stylewise it is the same tired boring wood panelling and cabinetry. no use of new and fresh materials and styling like Seabourn Odyssey but a great cabin nevertheless.