Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by prtzdle

Cabin Category: D1
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Oasis of cruising bliss
I will start off my comments about the ship itself. Simply AMAZING! This was my 8th cruise, all with RCCL and at first the Oasis seemed overwhelming. So many different places and things. Once we caught our breath it was indeed breath taking. I am a 40 year old traveling with my wife and 2 other couples and the 6 of us would all agree the ship and it's activities were awesome.

If you have been reading up on the Oasis, I will concur with many others. Getting on the ship was quick and easy(stepped on board around 11:45am) For the size and amount of people (over 5800 on the 03/20/2010 sailing) the ship never really feels overcrowded. Small exceptions when leaving events that had many people in attendance, but that's to be expected. The shows are outstanding and not to be missed. Oasis of Dreams in the aqua theater is quite simply a marvel, and mostly because you just have not experienced something like that on a cruise before. The other shows most people are more used to, but still spectacular none the less.

The food on an overall basis was pretty good, we never really left the dining room any night and said WOW, but each meal was very good. We had main seating for dinner and did not visit any other venue for dinner. Common complaint is the lack of seating at lunch time at any inclusive eating venue. The windjammer is definitely too small for the amount of people. There are an overwhelming amount of places to eat on the ship. Wish that more of the restaurants could be included with cruise fare for lunch. We did try to spread ourselves around the ship eating venues for breakfast and lunch, not eating at any place more than once, other than the windjammer.

Getting around the ship is easy. Well marked signage and the interactive TVs are a nice compliment to this technical marvel of a ship. The photo shop and the new way of viewing photos is SO, and I repeat SO much better than on previous cruises. Big plug for RCCL to go to this method on all ships in the near future. The activities are spread out over the entire ship and you need to keep your cruise compass handy so as not to miss something. The pool areas are well spread out and seem to offer a pool space for every taste. The flow-riders are great fun(my first experience on one) and the zip line is a short ride, but again, its on a cruise ship. The zip line was also my first experience with that kind of activity but a good way to say I have now done a zip line.

Overall I would rate my week on board the Oasis as a 9.5 out of 10. Our dinning room waiter was great, but the asst. may have been new. To their defense they had 4 tables that all seemed to arrive for dinner at different times and hence we were all on different parts of the meal at a different time. This can't be the first time that has ever happened though, right? The ship does have a bit of an impersonal feel at times and the lack of a farewell show with video highlights of the week and some more time with Richard Spacey(fantastic and funny cruise director) was missed. Nowhere to put everyone for that show though so I understand. Our stateroom attendant was outstanding as well and always prompt and quick with his duties. If asked, would I sail again on the Oasis or Allure, the answer is a resounding YES. Would maybe wait till the prices come down a bit, but the ship offers so much and I like to have a mix of a restful and active week(hence taking cruises). Thanks for reading and happy cruising.

Publication Date: 04/04/10